What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Silent stereo - Intermittent fault

A

Anonymous

2010 RCZ 1.6 THP 156 (with lots of optional extras - including the JBL amp/speakers and NG4 headunit/sat-nav).

Sometimes my sound system will power up, the Ng4 screen comes on, but no sound comes out of the speakers. It's as if the head unit is powered up, but for some reason the amplifier isn't and therefore the sound does not make it to the speakers.

This only happens in a certain situation and always the same situation. It happens when I return to the car only a short time after I left it (and left it with the stereo working fine).

For example, when pulling into a petrol station to fill up, my music is on, everything is fine. I stop, I switch the ignition for the 10mins or less it takes me to fill up and pay and when I return to the car and start it up, the fault occurs. The stereo remains silent no matter what I do. It remains silent until I finish my journey turn off the ignition and leave it for a longer period before restarting the car. I can control all the usual functions, but no sound can be heard.

When I next return to the car (after a longer break, 30mins for example) the stereo works fine.

Anyone else had this problem, or know a solution?

Before you suggest it, I'm not taking it to a main dealer, they're crap when it comes to electrical faults. They just start replacing everything, costing the owner thousands of pounds until they eventually (and accidentally) fix the fault.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have no experience with the NG4 unit, but with the RT6 if you turn the ignition off, then press the power button on the head unit, it stays on (comes back on) until it goes into eco mode, but I can always fill the car and turn the ignition on before this kicks in.

If that's also possible with the NG4, and I would have thought it was, this wouldnt be a fix, but maybe a work round :eusa-think:

CircuitMonkey

Reaction score
I've had that problem once, as well as the stereo turning itself on upon unlocking the car. Last time I pulled over, switched the engine off, sat for a few minutes the started the engine again and all was fine. Since then I've found out that the NG4 had a hidden settings menu and one option is to reboot, so I'll try that. Check out this site for more information: http://ng4functiebeschrijving.blogspot. ... m.html?m=1

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

CircuitMonkey said:
I've had that problem once, as well as the stereo turning itself on upon unlocking the car. Last time I pulled over, switched the engine off, sat for a few minutes the started the engine again and all was fine. Since then I've found out that the NG4 had a hidden settings menu and one option is to reboot, so I'll try that. Check out this site for more information: http://ng4functiebeschrijving.blogspot. ... m.html?m=1

Thanks - any simple way of translating that page? Or must I copy and paste it all in to Google Translate?

CircuitMonkey

Reaction score
I use chrome and it translates it for me

hpolic976

Reaction score
have the same problem with my RCZ. Did you maybe manage to solve your problem? Do you have any tips?

Attachments

• 1698863921201.png
    1698863921201.png
    312 bytes · Views: 1