What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Side panel protectors for Rcz

Kash2001

Reaction score
Hi everyone a quick question, has anyone used the ebay rubber strips going along the side of the doors horizontally?

We've had the car about 10 weeks and had 2 door dents from other cars, just small ripples but seen when looking down the side of the car 😭

The styling of the car I guess would mean following the high point of the line down the sides.

Is there a good permanent rubber door protector thats a stip going down the side of the door and rear panel that looks good.

The car is black so should be easy to match.

Any info on what can be used down the sides, would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone a quick question, has anyone used the ebay rubber strips going along the side of the doors horizontally?

We've had the car about 10 weeks and had 2 door dents from other cars, just small ripples but seen when looking down the side of the car 😭

The styling of the car I guess would mean following the high point of the line down the sides.

Is there a good permanent rubber door protector thats a stip going down the side of the door and rear panel that looks good.

The car is black so should be easy to match.

Any info on what can be used down the sides, would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
It’s a good idea but personally I think it would look rubbish and spoil the lines of the car.

Kash2001

Reaction score
I'd agree normally, but the dents on a gloss black stand out badly and it's the only thing I can think of to stop the denting. I'm having them.knocked out when it goes in for other bodywork, but can't keep doing it.

I've found these on the bay 333320770228, I'm having them professionally fitted to follow the curve of the line, and I'll gloss them up with a plastic impregnating shine.

May not look fantastic but at least it'll stop the idiots banging into it like a Sunday bumper car fete.

Best I've found as I couldn't find anything decent to keep the lines.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd agree normally, but the dents on a gloss black stand out badly and it's the only thing I can think of to stop the denting. I'm having them.knocked out when it goes in for other bodywork, but can't keep doing it.

I've found these on the bay 333320770228, I'm having them professionally fitted to follow the curve of the line, and I'll gloss them up with a plastic impregnating shine.

May not look fantastic but at least it'll stop the idiots banging into it like a Sunday bumper car fete.

Best I've found as I couldn't find anything decent to keep the lines.
You’ll have to post some photos when you’ve got it done

Kash2001

Reaction score
Yes certainly, it's in tomorrow for a few days, as I'm away working for the next 5 days their dropping it back and hopefully it's look right once done 🤞

Kash2001

Reaction score
OK back from the body shop 👍 it actually looks better in the flesh as the camera picks up tiny water droplets in between the door protectors and bodywork, but you don't see it when looking at it.

Some angles looks smooth and their are two strips one on the lower section and one running past the handles.

The lower section one is almost invisible at most angles... Anyway here are the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20230301_171841.jpg
    IMG_20230301_171841.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20230301_171831.jpg
    IMG_20230301_171831.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20230301_171822.jpg
    IMG_20230301_171822.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20230301_171844_1.jpg
    IMG_20230301_171844_1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20230302-WA0003~2.jpg
    IMG-20230302-WA0003~2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-20230302-WA0002~2.jpg
    IMG-20230302-WA0002~2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 26

Pedro

Reaction score
Most bumps affect the curvature of the doors I can understand why you have done it but will it work?
I usually park a zillion miles from anything but you still get some stupid thick as shit cretin parking within inches of the car when there are acres of room everywhere you look

Kash2001

Reaction score
Hi😂 I don't know 100% but any protection is better than nothing and we not going to test it either, but we've covered the two most prominent edges and visually it looks OK. The body shop were concerned about the lines of the rcz after fitting but they seemed happy and so long as it works 60% of the time it might save another body shop visit 😱

We do try to park miles from others but Peugeot paint seems very fragile and our old Renaults went for thousands of miles without a stone chip nor dent.

My next mission is mud guards as we live down a muddy road, but I'll post that on another thread.

Good luck keeping it unmarked as I've got more than my fair share of numpties that like remodelling your car for you 😏

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi😂 I don't know 100% but any protection is better than nothing and we not going to test it either, but we've covered the two most prominent edges and visually it looks OK. The body shop were concerned about the lines of the rcz after fitting but they seemed happy and so long as it works 60% of the time it might save another body shop visit 😱

We do try to park miles from others but Peugeot paint seems very fragile and our old Renaults went for thousands of miles without a stone chip nor dent.

My next mission is mud guards as we live down a muddy road, but I'll post that on another thread.

Good luck keeping it unmarked as I've got more than my fair share of numpties that like remodelling your car for you 😏
Peugeot parts direct sell the anti chip guards I was thinking of doing the back wheels but I have bump stops fitted on mine so can't fit anything under the arches

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing they don’t look too out of place on the black car 👍🏻

Kash2001

Reaction score
Yes I know it's our car, but nobody as yet has said did you add them if they've not seen this type of car before.

Hopefully it'll help and as said the bottom rail is almost invisible when looking at the side of the car.

Atb