What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Should I be concerned?

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Noticed some oil around (what I presume is) some form of sensor near the turbo. (THP200).
Anything to be concerned about?
T.I.A.Oil Leak.JPG

Pedro

Reaction score
Looks like Oil vapor discharge check the hoses it may just be blowing off somewhere

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Looks like Oil vapor discharge check the hoses it may just be blowing off somewhere
Thanks Pedro. As in a seal, or poor fitment?
So that oil is supposed to be in that region, just inside not out?

Pedro

Reaction score
You should not see any Oil on the outside of the hoses & that appears to be concentrated in one place it looks like the hose has/is failing around the joint as that is the Oil vapor pipe to the rocker cover problem there is its connected to the Turbo intake & could easily mean its blowing out from the Turbo itself & escaping through the joints I'm wondering if you might have a sticking wastegate problem?
take it off & clean all the gunge from the hose & keep a close watch to see if any new discharge appears within a few days

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Once again, thanks Pedro.
I have removed the pipe & cleaned the area. I noticed the pipe has a small keyhole cutout at the end/rear. Looks too neat to be a rip, but don't know if this is the problem?

Attachments

• Oil Vapour Pipe.JPG
    Oil Vapour Pipe.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 15

Goatz

Reaction score
That’s normal... well at least on an aftermarket, I can confirm that

Pedro

Reaction score
The Keyway is for the sensor housing to fit flush into the pipe nothing to worry about just check it periodically to see if its a leaking joint