What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Scratches HELP!

A

Anonymous

Kitt was filthy with mud so I jet washed it at the garage and now have scratches on the boot and bonnet from the brush!!
Bloody annoyed bot could I polish them out myself with elbow grease?

Or will I need a proper detailer?

A

Anonymous

Perkybillet said:
Kitt was filthy with mud so I jet washed it at the garage and now have scratches on the boot and bonnet from the brush!!

What bloody brush!!! You was told not to use any brushes simply the lance. That brush will be full of grit,dirt and God knows what else :thumbdown:
Get some photos up and RCZ1 will sort it for you :crazy: Don't panic just yet

A

Anonymous

Eekkkk.....commited the ultimate crime there!! Hope your Z forgives you for it! How would you have liked your mum to wash you with a brillo pad???

A

Anonymous

Shit!! Completely forgot! I'm going to wash it again properly myself in a minute and polish it so not panicking yet...

I've got the Peugeot Protect pack that came with the car...

A

Anonymous

Ok I know I've been having a nightmare at the minute so brain all iver the place. It was a soft floppy brush thing so didn't think anything of it...

A

Anonymous

I feel your heart ache Pinky, but slow down, take a deep breath and don't do anything rash. Think about anything before you do it as you do not need to make it any worse.

How deep are the scratches? Can you feel them with your finger nail?

A

Anonymous

Perkybillet said:
Yeah I tried that test, only just..
I thinking it'll need machine polishing in that case. We all know who the true expert is on the subject :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Perky mate, what were you thinking.... ?
Brushes of any kind, are a definite no no on paintwork :(
Don't worry though, you may find if you polish the car, after you have rinsed, washed, rinsed and thoroughly dried, that the scratches will come out but that really depends on your polish!

I thought we told you not to get the Paint Protection from the dealer and get it professionally detailed?

A

Anonymous

Yes I know! A lot of personal stuff and head in the clouds...

I've polished it well and they are nearly out! I'm going to get it properly detailed, I had already paid for Peugeot Protect....

Don't worry I will be getting into detailing, lesson learnt...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366465526.669653.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366465526.669653.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 7,934
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366465541.231906.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366465541.231906.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 7,934
A

Anonymous

Perkybillet said:
I've polished it well and they are nearly out! I'm going to get it properly detailed, I had already paid for Peugeot Protect....

Don't worry I will be getting into detailing, lesson learnt...
So sorry that you learnt the hard way :thumbdown: I like to think that on here that we manage to avoid such things. As you say your head was elsewhere. What an awful feeling it must have been for you. A proper heart in stomach moment. On the bright side a detailer will have Kitt looking better than new and you have learnt a lifelong lesson :beer:

A

Anonymous

Does anybody know a detailer they would recommend in the herts area? Or where is the best place to find such people? Will they add that glass rain stuff too?

A

Anonymous

You can easily add the Gtechniq G products yourself. I wouldn't pay for anyone to do that to be honest.

A

Anonymous

Perkybillet said:

Perkus Billius Very silly mate enough said :eusa-shhh: Thats the very reason I would never buy a dark coloured car again never mind a black car :thumbdown:your last car was light metallic blue one of the best colours to hide dirt scratches and so on. Now you have a Black car, time to get educated in some detailings skills thats the price you pay for "Going over to the Dark side"................ :lol:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Perkus Billius Very silly mate enough said :eusa-shhh: Thats the very reason I would never buy a dark coloured car again never mind a black car :thumbdown:your last car was light metallic blue one of the best colours to hide dirt scratches and so on. Now you have a Black car, time to get educated in some detailings skills thats the price you pay for "Going over to the Dark side"................ :lol:
So Mr smug :roll: Let's be seeing the results of your detailing activities :wave: Did the furniture Clinic stuff sort the problem?

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
jassyo06 said:
So Mr smug :roll: Let's be seeing the results of your detailing activities :wave: Did the furniture Clinic stuff sort the problem?

Not Smuggness Ron :thumbup: common sense and i will post a thread on my detailing skills very soon as i detailed my rcz for the very last time yesterday :cry: it goes back next friday :cry:

A

Anonymous

Just passed a performance blue ST3 with the same alloys (the best alloys) this afternoon. Looks awesome. Did chuckle though as both myself and the driver of the Focus were craning our necks to look at one another's chariot.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Just passed a performance blue ST3 with the same alloys (the best alloys) this afternoon. Looks awesome. Did chuckle though as both myself and the driver of the Focus were craning our necks to look at one another's chariot.

Ha,Ha,Ha, Rizz Just remember i aint got just some ordinary Focus ST3 i have one "WITH EVERY MOST EXPENSIVE OPTION AVAILABLE TO ANY BUYER" One that "ALL THE WINDOWS GO DOWN FOR NO APPARENT REASON"...................... :lol: one that the rear high level brake light has water in it "awaiting new light as well as new led door sill light"

So just pass me in your RCZ :thumbup: AND "I WONT GIVE A DAMN MY DEAR " as will be too busy worrying whats going to GO wrong in my £29,000 ford st NEXT :(

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
...One that "ALL THE WINDOWS GO DOWN FOR NO APPARENT REASON"

That's the AFD (Auto-Fart-Detection) available in all ST-models.

A

Anonymous

TomC said:
jassyo06 said:
...One that "ALL THE WINDOWS GO DOWN FOR NO APPARENT REASON"

That's the AFD (Auto-Fart-Detection) available in all ST-models.

Maybe so when your in the car... :lol: but it aint moved for 2 weeks :? :lol: