What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Save a forummates life! Deathtrap sensor @ rear Coil replacement...

Silverbullit

Reaction score
Trying to replace rear coil springs.
Tutorial advice to remove shocks and forcibly bend down the speing cups to remove/replace coil springs.

HOWEVER I just noticed there is some sort of sensor with an assembly between the middle of the beam to the chassis.
Does this need to be pooped apart to not break OR is this sensor assembly flexible enough to accept bending down coilcups without breaking?

The car fell down TWICE when jacked up (the jack-supports spontaneously caved in throwing the garage jack across the floor following car came crashing down...)
Thus I do not feel enourmosly enthusiastic squeezing and crawling in underneath to reach this death trap sensor...

So I need your expert advice on how to handle this sensor of death and get my coil springs replaced.

Any help from you experts would be greatly appreciated and then some! (And theres a huge chance youre saving a forummates life!!!)

I have the garage borrowed this evening before I get thrown out, countdown commencing * brejking out in a cold sweat *

May the force be with you!
/Silverbullit

Pedro

Reaction score
When you jack up the rear put axle stands under the trailing arms then lower car this will support the whole weight of the rear never trust the jackass points unless you have had them strengthened
Did you mean this in the picture?
You disconnect the connecting rod

Attachments

• rear damper removal.PNG
    rear damper removal.PNG
    242.8 KB · Views: 26

Silverbullit

Reaction score
When you jack up the rear put axle stands under the trailing arms then lower car this will support the whole weight of the rear never trust the jackass points unless you have had them strengthened
Did you mean this in the picture?
You disconnect the connecting rod
Yes precisely that thing!!!
How do I disconnect it, just jam a screwdriver or a zombiecrowbar in there and twist it and poop it apart? (@ point A)

Thanks for the swift reply!

Pedro

Reaction score
If its pressed fit try a pry bar see what happens

Pedro

Reaction score
According to the manual its listing a Facom D.83C tool I wonder if that is an extraction tool I can't find any reference yet?

Pedro

Reaction score
The Facom D.83C. is the strut tool nothing to do with removing the connecting rod

Attachments

• Facom D.83C..PNG
    Facom D.83C..PNG
    220.7 KB · Views: 14

Silverbullit

Reaction score
If its pressed fit try a pry bar see what happens
STILL ALIVE!!!
I used point A on the very excellent explosiondrawing, and it pooped apart in a few tries with my trusty dollarstore flathead screwdriver.

A minor detail tho, a few small parts went airborne, you guys dont happen to know what they look like?
Doin the old on all four with a magnetrod hopin 2 get lucky...

The "Round White plastic doohickey with a lip" is what is left efter it snapped apart...
Leaving me a tad confused how to snap it back 🥴

My magnetic stick found a square clip that seems to be totally unrelated to the assembly... thats all I found after 2hrs on my knees 😭

Hmm the plastic crepe seems 2 b hollow...

Attachments

• 20221213_183227.jpg
    20221213_183227.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Looks pretty grim does that need replacing?

Silverbullit

Reaction score
Looks pretty grim does that need replacing?
Yeah, I think like everything beneath needs fixin/replacing. I cant imagine theres was any kind of rust prevention whatsoever underneath these beautiful cars!
(Makes me kinda wish I could go back in time and get a new one and do a real undercarriage-job from start...)
I dont know what this thing is called, I should replace this one too if I can identify it and it is availible?!?

Silverbullit

Reaction score
Thanks Verminator, that means a lot!
I am a total noob at car mechanics stuff and it means a lot getting those kind words from an expert on cars and RCZs 😃

I do have to confess it looks like I messed something up in the process of fixing small stuff, fuel consumption went from 0,53 l/m to North of 0,8 l/m 😬
(Changed other stuff like the clogged Air filters, spark plugs, winter oils 0w30 and so forth, I thought the fuel consumption would get better when she got some air but... she got thirsty?!?) I wonder if I messed something up with these breaks/suspension fixes, however she seems to roll easyily like a soap on a wet shower floor so could it still be high resistance on the breaksstuff fixes?!?
*smacks my forehead*

Well I take pride in doin it the best I can, and happy you forummates like my humble attempts :D:D:D
Thanks again Verminator!