What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sat nav

Pedro

Reaction score
I updated mine but lost the voice over but now have pages of roadworks accidents etc to delete now the roads are full of traffic

David63

Reaction score
Since updating sat nav it downloads fine work ok but when I try use after switching off ignition comes up with navigation loading plz wait any ideas wish I hadn’t updated

Pedro

Reaction score
Since updating sat nav it downloads fine work ok but when I try use after switching off ignition comes up with navigation loading plz wait any ideas wish I hadn’t updated
[/QUOTE
That sounds like a programming fault which maybe conflicting with installed software already in the system only option is as Goatz said reinstall the upgrade if that fails it may be go back to the default (Peugeot software reboot) The problem with aftermarket upgrades is some are never compatible with the cars ECU or BSI & they can conflict or are blocked completely

David63

Reaction score
Hi I’ve tried to load up again with updates plus a factory reset but sat nav still showing navigation loading plz wait any idea on how to do a reboot reset or will I have to take to dealers

Pedro

Reaction score
You need to go to the dealers the system needs to be reset to default its an issue that occurs after you switch the ignition off & on apparently the Sat Nav is not initialising when powered up so its a MD job as the Programming may be corrupted by the updates

Jumper

Reaction score
Have you tried pulling yellow fuse F8 out and pop it back in. Its located in the glove box and will reset the Sat/Nav/Radio.

Goatz

Reaction score
I am away from home right now so Will be short and sweet. I have monkeyed around with my ng4 for months now. The unit works fine for radio, parking sensors, etc but provides a constant ‘please wait’ message when the traffic or nav buttons are pressed when I run the unit without a hard drive inserted. This is why I was suggesting that perhaps the hard drive was damaged.
Last I heard the dealership only replace these units, at a cost of over £2k, so a cheaper option could be to replace the hard drive and see if it solves the issue. A good replacement to the hard drive is a compact flash as the original hard drives are very difficult To source.
Replacing the HD with a a CF (using an IDE converter) is relatively straight forward and would cost in the region of £25, but does require you to take the unit out of the car, or at least partially, as there is a drawer on the left side providing access to the HD. Getting the CF in this way is not easy but I have managed it a few times using needle nose pliers. Once the CF is in run the firmware via the usb and it will create all the partitions. Then install the maps and you should be back in business. If not, then you are only £25 Down and a couple of hours wasted.

Goatz

Reaction score
Is everything other than ‘nav’ and ‘traffic’ functions working ? Perhaps a first step might even be a reinstall/upgrade of the maps. I can provide a download link when I am back next week.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
What was the one that you got and what price can you please send forward the information for us fellow RCZers

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think that might be the last update available for the NG4