What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RT6 Sat Nav Updates

Jim Lad

Reaction score
I am looking to update my RT6 Sat Nav maps & also include Speed Cameras.
I have been looking at website satnavstore.com which has updates for European countries + UK & Speed Cameras from original price of £149.99 reduced to £39.99
Has anybody used this company. is it reliable or should I buy direct from Peugeot web site.
I am worried about screwing the system up if I buy from them.
Would appreciate your thoughts.

TAC

Reaction score
Do a search on here there are loads of free updates for RT6 Sat Nav maps and Speed Cameras :thumbup:

Jim Lad

Reaction score
Thanks Chris for all the info & links to update Satnav & Risk Alerts, will save me some money.
I have downloaded them all to separate memory sticks & hope to download them on the car in the next couple of days.
I am assuming with the maps it enables you to download the map regions that you require, so not having to do them all.
Is it pretty straight forward to load the updates to the car. I assume when you plug in the memory stick it guides you through.
Once again thanks it is very informative.

tianorth

Reaction score
See the document to see the process for installing and if required bypassing the activation code (read it carefully as others found out by misreading a step or two they had to redo the one they were doing)

Jim Lad

Reaction score
Hi Chris, have managed to update firmware to 2.86 ok but am having trouble with activation code on maps update.
I put the memory stick for activation in and answered no to all questions except last yes to finish. Then while it is rebooting take out the memory stick & then put in maps stick but then it is asking for activation code after i press update button. Can you advise if I am doing something wrong. Cheers Jon.

tianorth

Reaction score
It's probably nothing you are doing wrong someone else had the same issues.

Just check that the last question has actually changed answer, think it should be 0 for deactivation and 1 for activation.

Jim Lad

Reaction score
Hi Chris, It was the last but one question & changing it allowed the maps to update.
I have one more question. I didn't have the speed camera alerts prior to doing this update for maps so am not sure what the map screen should look like.
Should the speed cameras with a disc containing the speed appear on the map screen in the car because i have just driven in an area where mobile speed cameras could be & nothing appeared on the map screen. I have had a look at the setup for the alerts & I think I have got the right boxes ticked. I am not sure what to expect on the screen.