What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Risk of Fire Warning

Jan

Reaction score
Hi I read a post from 2018 that someone had had this 'Risk of Fire' warning appear on the dash.No one in Peugout have ever seen it and don't seem to know why and what its regarding. This appeared when the heater was on and disappeared when switched off.Obviously its a serious warning and I need to have my heaters on in this weather .Please tell me there's more than the 2 of us that have seen this warning and has anyone got to the bottom of it

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Is your RCZ petrol ⛽ or diesel engine.... Just wondering as there has been several RCZs in Europe that have gone up in flames????

DKZ5745

Reaction score
There have been posts regarding heater pipes or blanks coming detached from behind the centre console, this has caused issues with the radio head unit overheating as the hot air isn’t going where it’s supposed to go. That’s the only thing that springs to mind if the warning disappeared once your heater was turned off 🤔

Jan

Reaction score
There have been posts regarding heater pipes or blanks coming detached from behind the centre console, this has caused issues with the radio head unit overheating as the hot air isn’t going where it’s supposed to go. That’s the only thing that springs to mind if the warning disappeared once your heater was turned off 🤔
Thanks ...Apparently garage have checked this and say its all okay.Its a mystery 🤔

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s true about some RCZ’s going up in smoke and the photos I’ve seen all look like under bonnet fires and one owner said that doors all locked and it wasn’t until the airbags went off they unlocked! And he had a youngster in the back 😱😱 they got out safe but the damage was mega I’m surprised Peugeot haven’t investigated this because there has been a few reports of the same occurrence.
Here’s some photos from Europe

Attachments

• E3D0C8E4-B3F2-46B2-9DD6-F2D5E1B40291.jpeg
    E3D0C8E4-B3F2-46B2-9DD6-F2D5E1B40291.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 25
  • 91E74C74-81B2-47F2-9299-025AC9837A59.jpeg
    91E74C74-81B2-47F2-9299-025AC9837A59.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 24
  • 0A5D44E9-4292-49D9-ABDF-FDD21650E469.jpeg
    0A5D44E9-4292-49D9-ABDF-FDD21650E469.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 8267BFDB-E8C1-4FC2-A0B6-97FB6D9F30A8.jpeg
    8267BFDB-E8C1-4FC2-A0B6-97FB6D9F30A8.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 24

Jan

Reaction score
It’s true about some RCZ’s going up in smoke and the photos I’ve seen all look like under bonnet fires and one owner said that doors all locked and it wasn’t until the airbags went off they unlocked! And he had a youngster in the back 😱😱 they got out safe but the damage was mega I’m surprised Peugeot haven’t investigated this because there has been a few reports of the same occurrence.
Here’s some photos from Europe
Omg very scary I won't rest untill they have checked it thoroughly. Why has this not been investigated ??

Pedro

Reaction score
The diesels from 3/09/12-19/12/14 had a recall issued regarding the fuel filter device which is integrated into the fuel filter cover which may be defective causing heat build up within the Electrical supply causing the cover to distort making the engine difficult to start or not at all eventually this fault can lead to fuel leaks & we all know what they can do regarding a hot engine ⚠️

Jan

Reaction score
The diesels from 3/09/12-19/12/14 had a recall issued regarding the fuel filter device which is integrated into the fuel filter cover which may be defective causing heat build up within the Electrical supply causing the cover to distort making the engine difficult to start or not at all eventually this fault can lead to fuel leaks & we all know what they can do regarding a hot engine ⚠️
Mines a 16 plate ...maybe still have the same fault ,

Pedro

Reaction score
Unfortunately its possible unless they upgraded the power supply for the for the fuel system I would contact your local MD & seek advice

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
16 plate must be one of the last ones to registered in UK. If I was you check if any recalls have been carried out... Very worrying

Jan

Reaction score
Thank you everyone.Its in the garage hopefully they will get to the bottom of it

Jan

Reaction score
Let us fellow RCZers know what the outcome is please
Update on the Warning "RISK OF FIRE" My cars been in the garage for 2 weeks and apparently this warning does not exist no one in the land of Peugeot has ever seen it or heard of it !!
Obviously just me and the guy who posted in 2018
Very strange. I'm really worried that this may happen again when I have my heater on
If it does ( which I'm hoping not) I will pull over and take a photo as evidence as I don't feel I'm believed and taken seriously.
If anyone else has had this warning please share so I don't feel I'm going crazy !

Pedro

Reaction score
hptts;//car-recalls.eu co.uk Peugeot RCZ recalls August 4th 2018 PEUGEOT RCZ ( 03/09/2012 – 19/12/2014) DEFECT: The fuel heating device integrated in to the diesel fuel filter cover may be defective and allow heat to build up within the electrical supply connector causing the cover to distort and air to enter the fuel circuit. This could make the vehicles difficult to start and a warning light will be illuminated on the dash board. The engine could be difficult or not possible to start. In the worst cases a diesel fuel leak could eventually appear.

Pedro

Reaction score
Update on the Warning "RISK OF FIRE" My cars been in the garage for 2 weeks and apparently this warning does not exist no one in the land of Peugeot has ever seen it or heard of it !!
Obviously just me and the guy who posted in 2018
Very strange. I'm really worried that this may happen again when I have my heater on
If it does ( which I'm hoping not) I will pull over and take a photo as evidence as I don't feel I'm believed and taken seriously.
If anyone else has had this warning please share so I don't feel I'm going crazy !
Nothing to do with the Heater inside the car that runs off the cooling Aircon system see my post & visit the site

Jan

Reaction score
thank you ..mines a 2016 diesel model maybe there's still the same fault? which is very worrying