What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rich mixture problem - solution?

NF7

Reaction score
What is the next step? My car is producing too rich of a fuel-air mixture, as I keep smelling gasoline if standing behind the car while idling. I know for a fact, that my car is not leaking any gas anywhere in the fuel line to the engine, as it was checked and re-checked.

I've replaced the filters, spark plugs, ignition coils. The problem was happening before, and I thought it would go away if I change those things.

Pedro

Reaction score
Scan the ECU too much fuel maybe be a case of checking for low air intake pressure (Map sensor) I would look also look at the Upstream/downstream lambda sensors? This can also be attributed to a faulty HPF pump?

NF7

Reaction score
Scan the ECU too much fuel maybe be a case of checking for low air intake pressure (Map sensor) I would look also look at the Upstream/downstream lambda sensors? This can also be attributed to a faulty HPF pump?
The ECU was scanned during the replacement of mentioned parts. No issue was found.

Pedro

Reaction score
Did they check the High/Low fuel trims?
I would change the Upstream Lambda sensor or replace altogether
The only other possible is the Air/Fuel ratio is all adrift whereby more fuel is being added so its poss a map/maf sensor issue
Maybe you have a timing problem ?