What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Replacing Rear crossmember bushes

rorymonsta

Reaction score
Hi all, new user from New Zealand here. I may need to replace the rear crossmember bushings (5131.A4 or 5131.G4 not sure which exactly) that attach rear suspension/axle to the body. Has anybody here tried this. I should be able to but the workshop manual I have suggested to do this the whole rear axle/crossmember assembly must be removed (makes sense) but when re-attached the 'reference height' must be set/reset. The diagram/process for this seems to me (a euro car newbie) to be just pulling the car down to a certain height by attaching some brackets to the body. But then how would the car remain at this height once it has been pulled there, and why wouldn't it get there if you just reattached/bolted up the rear suspension components, as the manual doesn't indicate a means of securing it at the reference height.

Apologies if this is a super dumb question
RCZ height.JPG