What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Replacing mk 1 front end badge

simonsalop

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New round here and looking for some advice.

I own a white 2011 Peugeot RCZ 1.6 and I pretty much love everything about the way it looks apart from the really naff front badge - the standard black issue casing that surrounds the silver lion.

I feel it ages and devalues the car so much. In fact from the front end there is nothing to set it apart from my mother in law's 13 year old Peugeot 308 :thumbdown:

I've noticed the newer models (2014+) have ditched the casing around the badge and simply have the lion directly on the bonnet.

Now you might have guessed I'm not the most technically able or minded. Can someone please help advise what would be the best way in improving the worst cosmetic feature of this car.

How would I go about displacing the casing shell around the badge or would people advise to paint the lion black so although I'd be stuck with the horrible black shell, at least it would look slightly better as a black chrome colour?

Thanks in advance.
Simon

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome :greetings-wavingblue:

There have been plenty of owners with exactly the same dilemma and many have attempted their own take on a solution but to be honest personally none I’ve seen have come up with a better alternative but in fact have made a bit of a hash! I’ve seen the lion replaced with all sorts of badges from the Transformers head logo to a Roland garros badge from a 3008.
Some have left the badge off completely or taken the lion off and wrapped the black background in other colours. Some have completely removed the whole surround and fibreglassed over the hole but to me it still doesn’t look quite right, for me depending on the colour of your car you could wrap the chrome surround in black or carbon fibre vinyl this does look ok on white or black cars. We are all individual and we put our little details into our cars as long as you like what you do it doesn’t really matter what anyone else thinks :thumbup:

Flanners

Reaction score
Slightly OT but I really want to have a black lion front and rear on my R as I think the chrome lion does not really match the red and black colour scheme, rear is stuck on but believe the front lion has studs through the body.....I was hoping that the badges could be wrapped in matte black wrap in situ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Have you considered plasti dip. I know a few on here have used this for just that purpose. :eusa-think:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I was going to suggest plastidip. At least if you change your mind you've only spent a couple of quid and it is easily removed.
I used it on a few interior parts on my 86 before I bought the oem black trim.

2retro

Reaction score
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfrgLsEMX2g[/youtube]

Flanners

Reaction score
Cool, so it looks like I can spray the badges in situ and then peel off around the emblem. May give that a go! Cheers