What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Removed active spoiler, "speed limiter activated" note

Greek-R

Reaction score
Hello,

i have replaced the Active spoiler with an "R" one, and when i go above a high speed (more than just the speeds that the spoiler typically activates - around 80Km/h and 110km/h ish) i got something* like "error in active spoiler system, speed limited activated" message does anyone know anything about this? like, how can i disable this alert/function, when does the limiter activate and what is the limiter speed limit?

*no photo since i was doing more than 100km/h...

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
probably you have to deactivate it from the ecu

you will have to go to a dealer if you dont have peugeot's diagnostic

misterx

Reaction score
ONLY AEK said:
probably you have to deactivate it from the ecu

you will have to go to a dealer if you dont have peugeot's diagnostic

Agreed. The software has detected that the old spoiler has not activated and is telling you this. Needs to have the spoiler removed entirely from its memory!

2retro

Reaction score
Im sure you can just remove a cog from the spoiler mechanism so that car thinks still thinks it's been deployed and doesn't throw up any errors. :thumbup:

Greek-R

Reaction score
2retro said:
Im sure you can just remove a cog from the spoiler mechanism so that car thinks still thinks it's been deployed and doesn't throw up any errors. :thumbup:

The R spoiler cannot be installed if the old one isnt removed, it just wont fit. with the mechanism and the servos in place.

probably need to talk to my mechanic if there is the error code, and if its possible to permanently disable it.

PS:

the exact error message i get above 155Km/h is :

"Adjustable wing fault
Speed restricted
see handbook"

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
as i said

you have to deactivate it from the ecu