What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Remove Panel in trunk area

A

Anonymous

Hi

I'm looking for the instruction on how to remove the plastic panel (which is not coated with carpet) in the trunk area.
This is the panel nearest to the bumper inside of the trunk.

I would like to cover this also with carpet to avoid that the panel gets damaged.

All other suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks for your reply

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Is it this bit? If so, If you take the boot seal out, just above the plastic. I'm sure there are some torque screws. Its dark outside, but I can confirm tomorrow if you need :)

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
Is it this bit? If so, If you take the boot seal out, just above the plastic. I'm sure there are some torque screws. Its dark outside, but I can confirm tomorrow if you need :)

Indeed that is what I mean.
Thanks for your help.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Just had a look. I was wrong. There is a clip in the middle at the bottom of the plastic inside the boot. And a screw in both of the boot net latches. Take all of those off and the plastic will come off.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks Abzynthe! ... I'm a few steps closer to getting to my goal also thanks to your post.
I am needing to access to opposite side of the number plate inside the trunk so I can use metric screws with a nut on the inside of the trunk to firmly tighten the number plate. Here in Argentina, when you buy a new car the dealer gives you 4 self threading screws that aren't even stainless steel and corrode within 6 months. I bought some nice chrome metric screws to use instead but have no idea how to access the area where the screw nut would go. Am I headed in the right path by taking the boot liner off and also any idea what to do after that? I feel like I'm almost there!
Thanks in advance you guys!

A

Anonymous

I don't think you will find the end of the screws in the boot? There will be a slam panel between the bumper and the car body for impact absorption?
Get a new plate with no screw holes and stick the plate on

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Im glad you found my post helpful :)

As Mikey said though, I dont think you would be able to see the back of the numberplate recess from the boot.

There are a few things you can do.
You can get some screw caps to hide the top of the screws.

Or you could get a number plate surround that will screw to the bumper, then you just slide the number plate in.

Or strong double sided tape.

A

Anonymous

Hola,

I am interested in removing boot pannels to install a back-up camera.
Could you let me know how to remove the silver rings/raches?
Should I pull the black plastic parts which is in between the ring and panel strongly to come off? :eusa-think:

Many Thanks,

titorcz

Reaction score
So what is the right way to remove that part ? Can we write down some steps to achieve this ?