What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Redline

MPC

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering. Anyone knwo where the redline of the thp156 is, i did an accidental burnout (forgot i turned off ESP, and my tires are shod) and i found out that it will rev to 7k quite happily. No weird sounds/feeling afterwards, as the car was already hot, so no damage it seems, but now i wonder where the limit is, as it went well into the red....

MPC

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering. Anyone knwo where the redline of the thp156 is, i did an accidental burnout (forgot i turned off ESP, and my tires are shod) and i found out that it will rev to 7k quite happily. No weird sounds/feeling afterwards, as the car was already hot, so no damage it seems, but now i wonder where the limit is, as it went well into the red....
i must say, not quite sure about the 7k part, might have been just under it, but i am kinda nervous if i did any damage (again, no weird noises/engine ran finE afterwards)

2retro

Reaction score
You should be fine. There's a rev-limiter to bounce off so obviously you didn't get that high. And, of course, they wouldn't have installed one if they didn't expect you to use it!

MPC

Reaction score
Thanks, needed that little bit of reassurance, going to call my garage tomorrow to get my P zero’s back under the car, as i really dont want to risk something like this again. I smoked up the tires massively, which was to be expected, but i was really afraid i might have done drivetrain damage... thanks again

MPC

Reaction score
Just made an appointment for a tire change, also looking for some new winter tires, as these ones are definitely not going back on the car ever again.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I’ve had mine to the Rev limiter on more than one occasion, so don’t worry, they’re supposed to be driven like that 👍

Bas

Reaction score
I’ve had mine to the Rev limiter on more than one occasion, so don’t worry, they’re supposed to be driven like that 👍
Never really pushed mine yet - but that's good to know! :)

Flanners

Reaction score
Never really pushed mine yet - but that's good to know! :)
Many owner's have given some of the reliability issues, usually onto the back of a recovery truck

Reactions: Bas

Marmite

Reaction score
Red lined every car I have had an beyond in Alfa Sud with the Rev limiter removed from the rotor arm if any of you can remember those days an only blown two cars up a Audi 80 sport an a Peugeot 405 🤭