What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Redline MTL transmission fluid - recommended

A

Anonymous

Whilst my RCZ was in for a service today I got them to change the gearbox oil for some Redline and the difference is brilliant.

The RCZ gearbox reminds me of a Fiat Barchetta I used to own which had a similar "rifle bolt" gearbox and I had a similar improvement with Redline in that too.

It's much slicker from cold and the gear changes are a treat now but you still retain the "rifle bolt" feeling as you change gears if that makes sense.

I got mine from forum sponsor Opieoils who advised on the right spec to get the improvement, going with 75W-80 GL4.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I had thought of doing something similar as the gear change on my RCZ is shocking for a car built in the 21st century. How much did the dealer charge you for the gearbox oil change?

A

Anonymous

It only added £15 given he was already working on it. I guess it would have been more had if it was just that being done.

Of course the oil was sourced by me but overall a fantastic VFM improvement.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheers thanks for that I'll give it a go. :thumbup:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Manual?
I did my gt 200 and vaguely recall it being 2.1 - 2.2 litres.

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Adding to this as I've just had my gearbox oil change for redline mtl, car has 37k miles and gear changes were notchy and loud now its so much smoother, everyone change to redline mtl!!!