What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RECENT DOWNTIME

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like to offer my sincere apologies about the recent downtime that the site has experienced. This has been due to nothing other than a total screw-up from our hosting provider.

Basically the company responsible for our hosting has changed hands three times in the last year or so and it turns our that the new company hadn't properly migrated the hosting account for this site from the old one. The result was that our site was sitting in limbo - not attached to any account at all and all of a sudden was suddenly switched off.

Because of a series of errors internally, they had no idea who to contact as they didn't know which customer the site belonged to.

Anyway. It's now all sorted but thought I should let you know what happened.

All the best,

Derek

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Fantastic news as this is one of the best forum I have ever been on all the best info so great to see it all being sorted and thanks for the info as I am sure that I speak for a lot of the users on here it's one big family of RCZ owners and more.
I'm so happy it's not gone to zzzzzzzzzz :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow:
Les n Karen n Grey Lady

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone found that since coming back on line Tapatalk will not recognise or find the forum? :crazy:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Has anyone found that since coming back on line Tapatalk will not recognise or find the forum? :crazy:

Yes. I usually pop in to make sure people are behaving via Tapatalk.

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that support for Tapatalk was removed years ago.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It was still working a couple of weeks ago Derek. Not tried it since the meter ran out.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I’ve been using it right up until the down time :eusa-think:

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what the deal is with that but Tapatalk is terrible for the viability of forums. It steals advertising revenue which helps to pay for hosting costs.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Just done a full search on Tapatalk, Peugeotrczforum is no longer listed in available forums. Looks like old fashioned image resizing again :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I have tapatalk redone on my phone, but it wasn't via the search, I looked at some older threads which I had open and it said you don't have permission, but then a little later looking at one it said, not in your groups, do you want to add it.... I said ok and then it was back in my groups.
Up until this I had deleted my groups and uninstalled it from my phone, but when I re-installed it came back with the old messages but not in the group until the above happened?