What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Recall due water pump

RCZAuto

Reaction score
Got the 1.6 petrol GTthp 156 auto

Had the water pump replaced at a private and local garage 6 months ago, after breaking down.

Have heard now there is a recall out on the vehicle for this same issue.

Thoughts on my chances of getting reimbursement from Peugeot for the cost of water pump replacement.. ?

JC1

Reaction score
Never had a recall before, donthey contact you?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If it’s a recall they have to contact any owner they have a record of by law. When cars start to get older, owners change and manufacturers can’t be expected to keep track of where all the cars are.
If it’s a “notice” then dealers can replace certain parts foc if the owner takes the car in with a reported fault on that particular part.

I haven’t heard of either a recall or a notice regarding the water pump. It still always worth asking though.

Pedro

Reaction score
I never got one & mine died a death at 32.520 KLMs it appears they appear to be a low mileage consumable item on The prince engines

RCZAuto

Reaction score
Thanks all, useful points. Used the link and confirm no safety recall, so will recheck through the source of that info. Might indeed have been a notice but as car is now +6 yo, have moved away from manufacturer so no comms. Thought it was a long shot.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a dealer aware notice for a few of the first 2010 cars only around 1% were affected and when these cars are booked in for any work a test is done on the turbo coolant pump and if needed the pump is replaced foc but they also do a software update so that’s why I didn’t let them do the work on my car as it would have wiped my remap.

RCZAuto

Reaction score
Mine is 2014 and on calling Peugeot I’ve found an o/s recall for software update on cooling system where 1% of vehicles might have an issue 🙄. Sorry not familiar with remap. Will book with local dealer to software update shortly.

RCZAuto

Reaction score
Update: I've booked in for the recall as its an upgrade on software and a look at the water pump. Still having a heating issue (other thread) so trying everything.