What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear Spoiler Issue.

2retro

Reaction score
The electrically-operated spoiler pops up automatically at a 19 degree angle at 85kph (53mph) and fully extends to 34 degrees at speeds over 155kph (96mph).

Reactions: NF7

Mikefrank

Reaction score
100kph for full deployment? No chance. Mine only fully opens at driving 150kph for at least 30-35 seconds. The first stage you dont see.
If only we had Autobahns over here….

Hamster46

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help and finally it is now working. I got the WD40 ( other lubricants are available ) and sprayed it everywhere and raised and lowered the spoiler manually with the Allen Key bolt in the motor itself and after a few cycles it started working on the button. Such a relief and could not have done it without you guys so a massive thank you to all. Finally sorted !!!!!!!

TRCZ

Reaction score
I'm having a similar ish problem with mine. It did work perfectly, and it's now stuck in the up position. My switch isn't lighting up though now, it was previously. I've had the fusebox up and the maxi-fuse is fine. The only other thing I've done is fit an android unit and rear camera, so tapped into the reversing light connector at the back. I did wonder if I hadn't plugged something back in, there seem to be a few plugs in that back corner not plugged up to anything but I can't see anything that they would plug into anyway. I've got a pic I'll have to get off my phone, because there's one plug that I've seen a youtube video of another person's car where that plug seems to be plugged into something whereas mine doesn't seem to have anything to plug it into.

It seems very bizarre. The electrics on these are a bit bonkers aren't they.

TRCZ

Reaction score
Hopefully you can see from these pics. I don't know if I'm missing something or not.

Attachments

• Wirey1.jpg
    Wirey1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Wirey2.jpg
    Wirey2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 15

RCZnewbie

Reaction score
If you remove the boot lid liner then you can use an Alan key to manually lower the fin without damage at the same time you could look to see if the connection has not come off at the same time..
Where do put the Allan key to move the spoiler ... tia

rorymonsta

Reaction score
Hi all,
I thought I'd post this here rather than a new spoiler thread. Yesterday I noticed some cracks in the plastic surface of the rails/sliders that actually lift the spoiler. Any idea if these are replaceable/repairable (I'm guessing not but may as well ask). I've not had any problems yet, but I'd really not enjoy a chunk breaking off and causing problems. I'll be cleaning it an replacing the grease/lube shortly
IMG_20240424_093613378.jpgIMG_20240424_093621325.jpgIMG_20240424_093632603_HDR.jpgI'll
IMG_20240424_093540114.jpg