What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear Spoiler Issue.

Hamster46

Reaction score
Hi all. I know this has been covered numerous times on here as it seems to be a common thing. Anyway i have just purchased my car this week which is a 2013 facelift model and i have the rear spoiler issue where it is stuck in the maximum lift position and i would like to get it working. My button to raise / lower the spoiler illuminates but does nothing. The button itself feels lifeless if that makes sense. When i press it it feels like it is sticking and there is no clicking sound so should the button be like this or should i replace it? The guy i bought the car from rarely used it over the past 4 months or so and i'm sure the battery is past it's best so could this also be the reason the spoiler is stuck open as he maybe had to jump start the car? I am at a loss as most of the comments on these mention the button not illuminating but mine is. It just feels dodgy. Any help greatly appreciates. Thanks.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there the button doesn't click that I have heard but it could be down to a fuse and if I remember it might be a fuse that is located underneath the fuse box.. Worth looking at..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Hamster46

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Verminator. I will have a look tomorrow. Any idea which fuse i would be looking at below the fusebox? Thanks

Mikefrank

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Verminator. I will have a look tomorrow. Any idea which fuse i would be looking at below the fusebox? Thanks
I had the same on mine it was stuck halfway I sprayed wd40 on the hinges inside then gently put pressure on the spoiler and hey presto it went down and worked perfect ever since…Once opened fully I have sprayed grease on the hinges since with no issues ;)

Hamster46

Reaction score
Hi MikeFrank and thanks for the info. I will try that tomorrow if the weather improves as currently lashing it down.

NF7

Reaction score
Please note, mine was stuck in the upper most position, and no amount of pressure and button pressing worked (the button light was on). I left the car for a couple of days and the next time I went to the highway, I disengaged the button and it automatically adjusted and worked since then.

Hamster46

Reaction score
Please note, mine was stuck in the upper most position, and no amount of pressure and button pressing worked (the button light was on). I left the car for a couple of days and the next time I went to the highway, I disengaged the button and it automatically adjusted and worked since then.
Hi and thanks for the reply. Yes that's exactly what mine is doing so I will try the motorway tomorrow if I get a chance and update on here.

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
Just chipping in to agree that even when functioning perfectly well, the button is a bit of an odd one. No clicks and you just hold it down to go past half spoiler to full, and vice versa.

I sometimes find it tricky to tell if I've put my spoiler down all the way or not unless I get out the car and take a look haha. Hopefully your spoiler is just sticking a bit and it's nothing electrical. Can appreciate why you might not want to force it down with pressure.

Hamster46

Reaction score
Hi and thank you for your info. I have tried the fuse today and it is fine. I also tried to push the spoiler down but did not want to force it and it seems pretty reluctant to move. I guess my only other option is to check the motor so i will update the thread accordingly. Thanks.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
If you remove the boot lid liner then you can use an Alan key to manually lower the fin without damage at the same time you could look to see if the connection has not come off at the same time..

Hamster46

Reaction score
If you remove the boot lid liner then you can use an Alan key to manually lower the fin without damage at the same time you could look to see if the connection has not come off at the same time..
I think that is my only option now. Hopefully the answer lies in there. I will test the motor while i am in there. Are they hard to come by and what price should i be paying if i need one? Thanks

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that is my only option now. Hopefully the answer lies in there. I will test the motor while i am in there. Are they hard to come by and what price should i be paying if i need one? Thanks
I bought a full boot lid with spoiler motor and third brake light delivered for £160!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Think you got the better deal! I bought a spoiler mechanism and working brake light for £125 delivered. Can't complain though....
Yeh that’s a good deal too as you know what the brake lights are fetching on their own 😊

Hamster46

Reaction score
UPDATE..... I tried another spoiler switch but unfortunately did not cure the problem so i have a replacement motor on it's way so hopefully this sorts it. I will update as soon as it comes and i fit it. Thanks to all the members for their input so far.

Hamster46

Reaction score
Update. So my replacement motor arrived today and it looked identical but the plug connector was a different size so i decided to make 1 motor from the 2 and changed a few parts over. Unfortunately still no working spoiler. I did manage to manually wind it down so at least it is sitting flush now. I am at a loss as to what else i can do. The light on the switch is not flashing when i press the button it is either solid light or no light when i press it again. Is there some sort of reset function i can perform as it is now officially doing my head in? Also just noticed my passenger seat will not go forwards or backwards when i press the button but i can head the relay clicking or what i think is the relay. Is this an easy fix? As always thank you all.

NF7

Reaction score
Does your cigarette lighter work? This looks like an electric problem.

Pedro

Reaction score
Software problems or relays in the BCM interface-fuse box