What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear parking sensor failure

A

Anonymous

I was reversing this morning the beep went continuous I went for brake and bang I was into a wall.
Not too much damage but is annoying that they were or are faulty.
Tonight while reversing a sketch appeared on the small screen showing tha car outline as I was reversing.
This was the first time I have seen this - looks as if the sensors and link up to screen is now working!!!
Now Im faced with a large bill to get the scrape fixed.
Going to Peugeot tomorrow - any ideas anyone in respect to proving the failure of the sensors?
Graham

RCZ1

Reaction score
Sorry but this doesn't sound like a fault. If the beep becomes continuous it means you are too close / close to hitting something. When you put the car into reverse you get the outline of the car, come up on the screen. It also shows you one bar, 2 bars or 3 bars - the greater the number the closer you are to an obstacle.

A

Anonymous

There was no reversing screen showing on the monitor just the beeping noise - I tried to stop immediately!!!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
You surely must have got some intermittent beeping as you were reversing before you got the continuous sound? The difference in beeps is to warn you that you are getting closer to the obstacle.

A

Anonymous

As soon as you put the gearstick into reverse the car beeps once, as you get within a certain distance of an object the car will start beeping, the closer to the object the beeps sound more often and then before you hit they sound continous. If this isn't happening with your car then they may be a fault.

I think I read in the handbook that the reversing sensors are an aid and you should still take care and look out when reversing - this way they won't have to pay out if you hit something...but if there is a proven fault then I don't know if they would look at it differently.

A

Anonymous

The beep can start as continuous if you have parked too close when leaving the car. Then, when you get back in and turn on the engine you will hear a continuous beep when in reverse. That means you are too close to begin with an should not reverse at all!!! Doesn't sound like a fault to me tbh.

A

Anonymous

Have you not noticed the three distinct beeps?

beep beep beep

beep beep beep beep

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep (which in your case promptly preceeded the BANG!!!)

:eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

lately when reversing my reverse sensors are beeping as if there is something at the back. Only to look and nothing is behind the car. It is giving some good frights!!!!

A

Anonymous

I wasnt aware that the sensors dont work when reversing down a slope in neutral. I soon found out when i hit the pub window bay wall,much to the amusement of all sitting in it!
I drank somewhere else!

RCZ1

Reaction score
dartanian said:
I wasnt aware that the sensors dont work when reversing down a slope in neutral. I soon found out when i hit the pub window bay wall,much to the amusement of all sitting in it!
I drank somewhere else!

Wrong on many levels. The car should never be moving in neutral as you have no control over the car. Secondly, its putting the car into reverse gear that activates the rear sensors - thinks ? !

A

Anonymous

dartanian said:
I wasnt aware that the sensors dont work when reversing down a slope in neutral. quote]

WHY WHY WHy would you do that??? You're damn lucky it was just a wall you hit and not a person ..... use your reverse gear - and reversing LIGHTS!!!

A

Anonymous

God and I thought I was stupid, I'm sorry not calling anyone any names but that's just wrong. As said already, lucky it was just a wall that was hit!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Blimey people chill out. It was about a five foot slight downhill roll, going about 0.5 miles an hour, not a scratch on the body work, no one anywhere near the car, sorry for being such an imbecile.
Jeez. Didnt realise you were all holier than thou advanced police driving instructors, that obviously never put a foot wrong on here.Must be so hard being as perfect as you lot.
I promise to be more careful in future.

A

Anonymous

dartanian said:
Blimey people chill out. It was about a five foot slight downhill roll, going about 0.5 miles an hour, not a scratch on the body work, no one anywhere near the car, sorry for being such an imbecile.
Jeez. Didnt realise you were all holier than thou advanced police driving instructors, that obviously never put a foot wrong on here.Must be so hard being as perfect as you lot.

Wo wo wo wo wo wo...lets just all chill out!! This is how the now infamous pearl vs white debate went royally pear shaped!!!

Dartanian - I wouldn't take this too personally and good on ya for making a little light out of your mishap. We've all made decisions from time to time when driving our motors that, in hindsight, weren't the smartest...

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 - you sound a lot like my driving instructor who I can clearly recall reprimanding me for "coasting" from time to time...it's all good

A

Anonymous

dartanian said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: don't u now everyone on this forum are saints :sleeping-yellow: