What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear camera wiring

Valex

Reaction score
I have already a rear mirror with an integrated display and front camera, I would like to connect to it also the rear camera.
I'm going to place the camera near the rubber button that opens the trunk (sorry boot 😅 ) and I need to find a way to enter the wire in the boot.
Inside the boot, I removed the black plastic that covers the bottom part of the latch but under it, there is no way to reach the wiring of the rubber button or the license plate lights.
Is it possible to do this job without removing the entire bumper?

Extra story ...
Noticing all the dirt around the rubber of the boot I decided to clean it with a small sponge, water, and dish soap. Not satisfied with the first wash I decided to remove all the rubber 😁.
My RCZ is from 2010, I was shocked o_O by the amount of dirt I found under it 🤢🤮! All the rainwater and dirt that slide down between the double bubble rear window 😍 goes around the rubber and all dust and birds' 💩 collect there.
I suggest to do this job! It is easy to remove and place back the rubber, there is no glue. Without the rubber is much easy to clean the groove and rotating the rubber is possible to wash it outside the boot.

Pedro

Reaction score
Check the drain hole in the fuel filler cap recess also regarding the dirt around the boot its something you have to live with even the spoiler gets full of gunk

chrismac

Reaction score
I fitted the rear facing dashcam high up on the rear windscreen (tucked the wiring under the headling) It works fine and no wires visible.

I also have fitted a reversing camera near the boot switch. That did need the bumper to come off, That was a fiddly job, not one I would want to do again.

chrismac

Reaction score
I will copy the ServiceBox instructions for removing the bumper. You may want to give it a try.

Valex

Reaction score
I will copy the ServiceBox instructions for removing the bumper. You may want to give it a try
Thank you but I found already this thread with the link

Valex

Reaction score
Yeah! I found this video that let see how to pull the camera wire from outside the bumper to inside the boot without take out the entire bumper :)!
Just from minute 8:15

Is MotorScotti writing in this forum? He has really nice video tutorials on Youtube 👍
Edit ... just found a comment where 6 mounts ago he said that he sold the car 2 years ago :rolleyes:. ... and looks like now he is driving a KITT (Knight rider) replica :cool::)

Last edited:

indoldn

Reaction score
Yeah! I found this video that let see how to pull the camera wire from outside the bumper to inside the boot without take out the entire bumper :)!
Just from minute 8:15

Is MotorScotti writing in this forum? He has really nice video tutorials on Youtube 👍
Edit ... just found a comment where 6 mounts ago he said that he sold the car 2 years ago :rolleyes:. ... and looks like now he is driving a KITT (Knight rider) replica :cool::)
Motorscotti's RCZ videos are great! I put a rear dashcam/reversing camera next to the boot opening button. Unfortunately, for this I could not see any other way other than taking the bumper off. Fortunately, I needed to replace my bumper so did both at the same time.

Attachments

• Rear cam.jpg
    Rear cam.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 15