What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RD4 bluetooth/usb intermittently working/not working

seren

Reaction score
My 10,5 years old RCZ 156, which I bought new in 2011 has been having USB/Bluetooth issues almost from the start.
I guess it's an RD4 system, since I don't have navigation.

Back then the garage couldn't reproduce and blamed it on the USB stick used so never made work out of it to fix it. I blame my self now for not being on to it that much, because I could have gotten it fixed maybe even still under warranty (don't exactly remember when it started). On the other hand, the issue occurs only sometimes so I have coped with it.

The issue is the following. When I start the car, after not being used for some time (i.e. at least half a day or so) everything (well in 95% of the cases) works fine and continues to work fine as long as don't don't turn off the car. When I stop the car and then turn on the car again, e.g. after refueling, it regularly happens that both USB and Bluetooth don't work anymore. I can't select either as source and my phone won't connect anymore. This happens mostly random, but more often when starting the car again after being used earlier the same day. Sometimes this happens more often, sometimes this happens less often. It's really hard to see a pattern in it.

I used to think the garage was right and tried different USB sticks, but whether or not that improved the chance of working slightly or not I really wouldn't know because of the randomness of the issue.

I only now discovered on this forum that the USB/Bluetooth part of the RD4 is a separate box located near the handbrake, so maybe there's some bad contact, that worsens with heat???

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks!!