What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Alcon disc alternative

Marmite

Reaction score
If anyone out there has a old 380 mm R disc laying in there garage god speed need it so they can take the measurements for offset as it is different to the 308 gti once they have this they said a pair of discs should be available at around 650 a pair

Kerr

Reaction score
I misread that initially. I've thrown my old ones away.

It doesn't look like Fish Brothers are selling them now. They aren't on their website and the links from here are broken. Options are getting thinner.

Flanners

Reaction score
Fingers crossed MTec and Godspeed both said they would supply discs moons ago......neither never materialised.

The Fish Bros deal was a good one.

I have a brand new set in the garage under a heap of car parts/shite; if you don't have any luck I can get them out this weekend?

apple3337

Reaction score
I have a brand new set I can measure. Just post up here if you want me to do it. I got them sent over from Fish Bros a while back. Just to have in case I ever need them. Glad I did now.....

Kerr

Reaction score
I called fish brothers yesterday they want 930 a pair at the moment an the difference in price would pay for stainless pistons a seals so hopefully some one on here may have a disc or two laying somewhere 🙏

That's full Peugeot RRP. I think they were £630 prior to Brexit, I was £725 and the price went up again at Fish.

It would need to be a brand new set of discs to get an accurate measurement. The person measuring will also have to be accurate. If Godspeed are provided with the wrong measurements you won't get a refund.

apple3337

Reaction score
I just realised something. My spare discs are not mounted to the hub. So I can't give you the measurement you want. They are just the discs.

apple3337

Reaction score
The picture you posted has the disc sitting on a hub. I can't do that.

apple3337

Reaction score
Here's some photos. It's 28 mm exactly. It'd be great if someone can do the same to confirm.

Attachments

• DSC02827.JPG
    DSC02827.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC02828.JPG
    DSC02828.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 31

apple3337

Reaction score
Re-measured. Looking at it side-on I'd say 28.5 mm. The camera is slightly raised so it might look slightly different, but at eye level 28.5mm.

DSC02829.JPGDSC02832.JPG

Kerr

Reaction score
Just looked at my vernier it does inside an outside measurements so I will whip the disc of this weekend

Your disc will have wear that will have to be accounted for. The discs might not have worn equally both sides to use half the reduced disc thickness as the calculation.

Using a standard Vernier caliper you'll still have the same issues with alignment affecting the accuracy of the measurement.

Flanners

Reaction score
If this is the case the only way is for some one to measure a new disc with the right tool , until then it’s back to the drawing board I think I will have to put Peogout ones on an sell the car it’s to much of a pain in the arse for finding parts unless you pay through the nose
I feel your pain, fair few parts are bespoke to the R and what isn't is still expensive, that said I had a turbo heat shield under warranty as a previous MD wrecked mine and it was in the UK within 2 days (pre-Brexit), I have the annual renewal of the Peugeot Warranty on my R this month, was umming and rring (as do about 1K miles a year) and my other half asked if I was for real for £319 given I have had much more out of it than I have put in.....piece of mind too I guess.

Kerr

Reaction score
If this is the case the only way is for some one to measure a new disc with the right tool , until then it’s back to the drawing board I think I will have to put Peogout ones on an sell the car it’s to much of a pain in the arse for finding parts unless you pay through the nose

I've got the tools for measuring it very accurately, and my discs are nearly new, but I'm too lazy to take one off. Sorry.

I'm sure there will be engineering drawings somewhere.

It should be for Godspeed to find this information. If they are going to manufacture them then they should be doing the work.

Kerr

Reaction score
Well if you cant be bothered to take your disc off why comment.
Grow up.

I'm not going to spend my time stripping down my car, but I'm offering my services to check it properly.

I'll let you plod on and make a mess of it on your own.

Aurin

Reaction score
Well I’d like to say we’re there but the measurements Iv now been told have to be that accurate they need measuring with a straight edge an a inside vernier I have a out side vernier so unless someone has a disc an the correct tool we’re at a stumbling block as Iv been told by ian godney (Godspeed) that once he has the exact offset he can make a batch of bell s to fit the 308 gti discs he already produces … so come rcz r owners it’s in our interest to get this sorted .
I will ask my garage guy to get photo/measurement next week with right tools from brand new front discs (as this helps me too long term) :)

Kerr

Reaction score
Well this is good as it gets with my discs , took all of 10 minutes to do if you can be arsed ! View attachment 11911

If you can get discs on and off within 10 minutes then you'd be a popular mechanic.

If they take that measurement as being acceptable I'd be surprised. Taking an accurate measurement off a flared lip on discs fit for the bin isn't the way to go about this job.

Half a mm is about 5x the tolerance brake discs are manufactured to.

The C hooks are still visible on R discs below the minimum thickness. Those discs must be way below.

Looks like Aurin is in a good position to get the measurement.

Last edited:

apple3337

Reaction score
I'm curious. How many miles are you folks getting out of a set of RCZ-R front discs before they need replacing?