What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Vs TT

A

Anonymous

I had a quality moment last week sat in a queue of traffic on the way to work. What can only be described as a total Chav boy racer in an Audi TT was sat next to me in the traffic waiting for the lights to change to green. All I could hear was the revving of his engine and I could see him staring at me through his big mirrored sunglasses. Lights changed to green and in his over excitement his foot must have slipped on the clutch, he missed the raised kerb to the right of him and up it the front nearside alloy went! Away on my journey I went with a bit smile on my face......RCZ 1 - TT 0!

A

Anonymous

rjc813 said:
I had a quality moment last week sat in a queue of traffic on the way to work. What can only be described as a total Chav boy racer in an Audi TT was sat next to me in the traffic waiting for the lights to change to green. All I could hear was the revving of his engine and I could see him staring at me through his big mirrored sunglasses. Lights changed to green and in his over excitement his foot must have slipped on the clutch, he missed the raised kerb to the right of him and up it the front nearside alloy went! Away on my journey I went with a bit smile on my face......RCZ 1 - TT 0!

Stupidity. He may have damaged suspension too.

A

Anonymous

stupid fool as if you would race off in your new RCZ untill you have run it in a bit a least.
he should have gone to spec savers!

A

Anonymous

Think he ended up going to kwikfit! Have been running around in the dealers original rcz last 2days which has hit nearly 4k and is very well run in, smoother than mine us at the moment, but there are a fair few creaks and rattles around the cabin, hope that doesn't become an issue for us all!

A

Anonymous

rjc813 said:

ouch!!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
L22 said:
Why do you all hate the audi TT so much? Personally I like the TT and would have bought one if I could have afforded the spec I wanted.

I just dont understand why your branding all TT drivers as chavs I happen to have a few personal friends with TTs and they dont brand the RCZ as a crap chav car as you've done with the TT :( :( :(

No-one is saying that we hate the TT - I personally like them too (but think the RCZ has overtaken it in the look sstakes) :!:

This thread was primarily started showing what an idiot the TT driver had been - thinking he was better or whatever he thought he was.

For your information you only have to have a look at the TT forum to see how much they slag off the RCZ - enough said :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I havn't seen much evidance of slagging it off but they probably make comments due to the fact that some TT lines are similar bla bla, I'll admit I'm from the TT forum and (I couldn't read without being a member) am taking interest in the RCZ to see what owners think rather than press magazines. Many of us TT owners have said it looks a very nice car; you will always get those who are TT is BEST!! I think the RCZ looks very good, the rear 1/4 is very much like a Mk1 TT, which looks good :D A colleague of mine is currently having his built so am looking forward to an October drive in his. My colleague liked the TT but the price was much heavier just for a base TT. Typical Audi, everyone will want to add this, that and the other to it bumping the price up.

As L22 wrote not everyone is against other similar marque cars. We had a meet at an event where Z4 owners were present and it was interesting to compare thoughts on the cars. Interesting to get different perspectives.

A

Anonymous

Hi Marco. :greetings-wavingblue: How brave of you to dip your toes in shark-infested water :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously though, it is indeed refreshing to share opinions on other cars. Not everyone will like the choice we make but then there's that old saying about pleasing some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time...etc. I love the TT but it's WAY beyong my price range. In fact, the RCZ is the priciest car I've ever bought on my income and I've saved my pennies frugally to allow for a treat. I'll always like the TT and can admire other racy cars on the road that are beyond my means whilst still enjoying my beautiful RCZ (eventually!) :crazy:

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:
Hi Marco. :greetings-wavingblue: How brave of you to dip your toes in shark-infested water :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously though, it is indeed refreshing to share opinions on other cars. Not everyone will like the choice we make but then there's that old saying about pleasing some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time...etc. I love the TT but it's WAY beyong my price range. In fact, the RCZ is the priciest car I've ever bought on my income and I've saved my pennies frugally to allow for a treat. I'll always like the TT and can admire other racy cars on the road that are beyond my means whilst still enjoying my beautiful RCZ (eventually!) :crazy:

Hi Bangor - cheers for the greeting. I know very brave. :lol: I think it's because I've talked to my colleague about it so much and his excitement and anticipation; he's certainly looking forward to it. I didn't buy my TT new, it was a 53 (always like the original Mk1+ MK2 out of price range :shock: ). I bought it for a second 'fun' car so it's garaged alot of the time but out most weekends, meets cruises etc. You should see the TT 225 vs 3.2 debate. The 3.2 like mine get told it's a big lump, DSG will go wrong, you need a turbo etc, dear god, we drive TTs :roll:

I enjoy seeing and getting to go in different cars. Piston heads meets are superb for that. RS6, S4s, TVRs, Ferrari's S2000s and more all on a cruise is great. Wonder when the first convoy of RCZs will appear!? I wonder if the RCZ will generate a mad modding frenzy like the TTs? Some are modded beyond belief! Not for me but each to their own.

The MK1 TT is not affordable to a wider audience and sadley idiots who rip the car apart with chavvy mods. I've seen a few and it's embarrasing.

Oh and I wonder if the RCZ will get the 'it's a hairdressers car' like the TT...? usualy from a person with sour grapes sat in a Corsa :D

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi Marco

Welcome along and as you can see we don't bite :lol: :thumbup:

I've seen the TT forum, my god what a place, they certainly love talking about the RCZ, mainly bad with a few bits of good chucked in, which I take as a compliment as they are at least talking about it. ;)

I was actually in the process of ordering a TT Roadster but when I saw the RCZ I changed my mind and went for the RCZ just for the looks, I run a 156 GT in standard spec which was the same price as the TT in a very basic form, so I was happy, the thing is with the car I've had for nearly 7 weeks now and the looks you get is unbelievable I've had people pull up the side of me at traffic lights asking me questions about the car and the amount of photo's it's had taken - well again unbelievable.

I just hope my next car which replaces the RZC will have the same reaction - not sure what it will be, it could be another RCZ if they went soft top. :thumbup: ;)

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I agree the TT's probably a better driver's car (but not better looking) but the RCZ is better overall value for money and ups the game in this market significantly. It's also affordable, and will be "different" for a long time while the TT is now a bit "oh it's one of them".

From showing pictures to people at work I've really not had the hairdresser's car tag. Not everyone likes it (especially the front view) but all recognise it as being something special. So I'd agree the hairdressers tag will come from corsa drivers who don't really do cars but want something better than a corsa.

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
Hi Marco

Welcome along and as you can see we don't bite :lol: :thumbup:

I've seen the TT forum, my god what a place, they certainly love talking about the RCZ, mainly bad with a few bits of good chucked in, which I take as a compliment as they are at least talking about it. ;)

I was actually in the process of ordering a TT Roadster but when I saw the RCZ I changed my mind and went for the RCZ just for the looks, I run a 156 GT in standard spec which was the same price as the TT in a very basic form, so I was happy, the thing is with the car I've had for nearly 7 weeks now and the looks you get is unbelievable I've had people pull up the side of me at traffic lights asking me questions about the car and the amount of photo's it's had taken - well again unbelievable.

I just hope my next car which replaces the RZC will have the same reaction - not sure what it will be, it could be another RCZ if they went soft top. :thumbup: ;)

Rob.

Hi Rob

The TT forum is a mind field. Pages updates daily. Some people live on there. :lol: I havn't yet seen an RCZ on the roads in motion. I'm very keen too. Really looking forward to a ride in one.

Interesting that someone said the TT is a better handling car. I know for sure the MK2 is better than the Mk1. I've had to play with the standard suspension somewhat. Audi should be shot for some of the specs and ride heights they use as OEM. :roll:

I've had a few looks and people still strain their neck to look at the TT but you need certain ones to draw attention. Some are plain awful with high suspension and 16 or 17" wheels. Probably big early 2000s. Do all RCZ come with 19", that's big!!! A MK1 with 19" is hard. Suspension engineering has moved on abit from the mid late 90s when the TT was born.

Just noticed you are from Leek, you don't work for Britannia by any chance?

Marc

FGRob

Reaction score
Marco_34 said:
Hi Rob

The TT forum is a mind field. Pages updates daily. Some people live on there. :lol: I havn't yet seen an RCZ on the roads in motion. I'm very keen too. Really looking forward to a ride in one.

Interesting that someone said the TT is a better handling car. I know for sure the MK2 is better than the Mk1. I've had to play with the standard suspension somewhat. Audi should be shot for some of the specs and ride heights they use as OEM. :roll:

I've had a few looks and people still strain their neck to look at the TT but you need certain ones to draw attention. Some are plain awful with high suspension and 16 or 17" wheels. Probably big early 2000s. Do all RCZ come with 19", that's big!!! A MK1 with 19" is hard. Suspension engineering has moved on abit from the mid late 90s when the TT was born.

Just noticed you are from Leek, you don't work for Britannia by any chance?

Marc
Hi Marc.

No not all come with 19", the sport is standard with 18" and some GT's have been suppiled with 18" - I think this was an early build situation.

The 19" look the part but they do make for a firm ride, which I do like, I run Tein Superstreets on my MR2 Roadster and that's solid but that's used for tracking as well.

I live near to Britannia - god the traffic can be really bad at times, I actually work in Stoke at the University Business village, are you from round here??

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I had a TT ragtop in 2000 when there wasn't many around, really loved it then but I look at the shape now and have a different view.

Anyway, I've got a GT THP 200 which I think is a fantastic drive, far better than my early TT, appreciate they're probably a lot different now.

I always think Audi are in a awkward place and most people think of them as a poor man's BMW despite the fact they have a flagship like the R8. I would always buy an Audi over BMW as I don't like the image BMW drivers have and have earned!. Audi's led lights was and is still an amazing marketing job as they hit on something in the fact that people love to have the latest "must have" and the middle to upper management bracket who buy Audi sucked it up. Other manufacturer's are now following suit on the lights but its an Audi brand image that looks just "chavey" on any other car including Range Rover, Merc etc.

I also like the sales people at Peugeot in Maidstone Kent, very friendly and not up themselves like some others!

Just my view on bits

Cheers

Greg :beer:

A

Anonymous

Marco_34 said:

Marc

I couldn't agree more on the wheels - I think there's nothing worse than too small wheels that don't fill out the arches and hence don't suit the car (whichever car it happens to be)

A

Anonymous

Do you think we'd have the RCZ if the TT had not come first? Just like the beetle and the 911.

A

Anonymous

Exclamation said:
I agree the TT's probably a better driver's car (but not better looking) but the RCZ is better overall value for money and ups the game in this market significantly. It's also affordable, and will be "different" for a long time while the TT is now a bit "oh it's one of them".

From showing pictures to people at work I've really not had the hairdresser's car tag. Not everyone likes it (especially the front view) but all recognise it as being something special. So I'd agree the hairdressers tag will come from corsa drivers who don't really do cars but want something better than a corsa.

Audi a better driver´s car? Are you out of your mind? Also I cannot understand people buying cars to show themselves to public, where is this forum going to?

FGRob

Reaction score
aerogel said:
Also I cannot understand people buying cars to show themselves to public, where is this forum going to?
Wow - hang on are you being serious, if you drive the car around it's seen in the public eye any way, what's wrong with showing your pride and joy, we certainly did that at Silverstone and I will be doing it even more so this weekend at Cosford, in fact the car stands out that much it shows itself off without our help - good for Peugeot I say.

This forum is going the way it should - big and bold but hopefully nowhere as aggressive as the Audi TT forum. :eusa-whistle:

Rob.

PS Anyone else coming to the Breakfast Club Meeting at Cosford this Sunday morning :thumbup: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

What time and where abouts...you mean the RAF base? I live about 30 miles from Cosford (but used to live 6 miles from it) so know it well enough.

With regard to the RCZ Vs. TT, the one major factor for me is that the Cabin in the TT felt claustrophobic to me when I sat in it. The RCZ feels a lot more open and spacious, more like a luxury Saloon than a sports Coupe, the outside though is a completely different point, Sporty and Sleek.

I am running a GT 200THP and loving it, the only thing is the speakers on my JBL kit have started to rattle a little...too high a volume I suppose (I like my music) shame manufacturers never use anti-vide pads and fixing means, even for their uprated ICE equipment, I was in a TT the other day and it sounded like the doors were going to shake off because of speaker rattle.

Anyone know if my 1000 mile interim service will fix that (and will they put anti-vibe fixing / pads on if I ask them nicely?)