What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ - Things I'll Never Tire Of

2retro

Reaction score
1. The active spoiler and the fact it can be silently deployed at the touch of a button whilst sat in traffic to psych out the person behind you. :crazy:

2. The look on peoples faces when you cruise by them which ranges from mouth open, wide-eyed amazement :eek: (school kids) to utter disgust :x (miserable pensioners).

3. Being slammed into the back of the seat when you boot it and the turbo kicks in. Whoooooosh! :D

If anyone wants to add more, feel free!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Looking out of the window and seeing one of the best looking cars in the world parked on MY drive :eek:

A

Anonymous

For me it was always:
1. The sight of the flared arches in the wing mirrors
2. The auto dipping mirrors (before they broke)
3. That second/third glance when locking it and walking away
4. Seeing it on approach and (slightly conceitedly) knowing that it was yours.

A

Anonymous

Oh ye this is what I like

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 2,194
A

Anonymous

Agree with all Mrizzle say with the exception of the dipping mirrors they irritate me! but love the view of the rear arches the Vette has a similar view although both are trumped by a Southern Roadcraft kit of a Cobra I had back in the day now they were arches!!

I would add motorway driving when you are coming up behind something and want to move out to overtake but a car is closing the gap love that put your foot down and "bang" your into the gap without any chance of annoying the guy behind

I have also taken to enjoying the people around you that feel the need to show off their steed to you.... a tatty little 53 plate MG was following me yesterday in a 40 limit then undertook me on a round about only to accelerate away in a mass of big bore exhaust noise :sleeping-yellow: Only to very nearly lose it on the exit to the point of clipping the kerb and snaking off down the road trying to catch the cars wagging tail!

I actually enjoy the sometimes bone jarring ride reminds it says you are in a sports car and need to pay attention... just cant be doing with the people who complain about the ride, the Z is designed to go round corners.... if you want comfort try my wife's Chevy Captiva like driving a 7 seater settee... sometimes you are even vaguely aware that are in contact with a road as you sail serenely round corners like your on a canal boat

The big digital speed read out as it tells you all you need to know at an almost subliminal glance when starting to push the car

Agree with all that have that second look as they depart when parking up

The roar as the turbo kicks in from the sound enhancing device

renegade79

Reaction score
When stopped at the traffic lights and you catch a glimpse of the Z in a shop window!! :thumbup:

2retro

Reaction score
stingray_dave said:
I have also taken to enjoying the people around you that feel the need to show off their steed to you.... a tatty little 53 plate MG was following me yesterday in a 40 limit then undertook me on a round about only to accelerate away in a mass of big bore exhaust noise :sleeping-yellow: Only to very nearly lose it on the exit to the point of clipping the kerb and snaking off down the road trying to catch the cars wagging tail!
Yeah, I get that sort of thing now and again too - jealousy is a terrible thing! :lol:

tianorth

Reaction score
The fact that your passenger is saying your going too fast for that upcoming corner whilst you on cruise control at 60 mph, you go round the corner still doing the same speed, the passenger then remarks "oh yeah I forgot it hold the road like it's on rails" then points out that the sports car behind which was right on the boot lid is now 50-60 car lengths behind and won't catch you as there are more corners coming up.

tianorth

Reaction score
That thing were the person in the car next to you at lights is giving your car the once over, you turn and look at them and they give you that "nod".
Even better when you catch a tt driver looking and you know they are looking you turn to look at them and they are now looking directly ahead apparently with invisible blinkers on (the type used on horses).

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Occasionally I will let my OH drive my Z. If we are both travelling home from the same starting point, I will always let him go first as I love looking at my car from another drivers view point and it isn't often you get to follow a Z and appreciate its form!! It always amazes me how wide it looks from behind! "Does my bum look big in this car?"

2retro

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Even better when you catch a tt driver looking and you know they are looking you turn to look at them and they are now looking directly ahead apparently with invisible blinkers on (the type used on horses).
:lol: This made me smile. Also reminded me of another thing that will never get old - the fact that I see lots of Audi TT's on my travels but very very rarely do I see another RCZ. In my experience most people have no idea what make of car it is anyway but they like it!

Tomas_90

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
When stopped at the traffic lights and you catch a glimpse of the Z in a shop window!! :thumbup:
Thid one, is sexy :lol: I love when this happens!

A

Anonymous

Took the RCZ out yesterday with my daughter .. Had TT following every now and again I gave the pedal a bit if metal and well Seeing the Secound stage spolier must of really got to them hehehehe

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Supermarket car parks. When you come out of the store, and on the way across the car park you can see people rushing about, just trying to get on with their day, oblivious of everything around them, then they go past the Z :eusa-think:

It's amazing the type of people that have a good look at the car, kids almost always do, fellas between 18 - 50 almost always, some pensioners, and quite a few women of all ages.

There were two old geezers yesterday, standing about 10 meters from the car, clearly discussing it as I walked back and got in. I said "morning" to them, then started her up, and I am almost ashamed to say, as I set off, I had to deploy the spoiler - something I never do. It just felt like the right thing to do at the time.
A nice steady departure through the car park though, no silly boy racer wheel spins. As I set off down the road, I looked back and could see the two old gents were heading for the store, but both were still looking over as I gracefully swept down the road.

It's just that nice feeling you get every single day that you have an RCZ. :cool:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
My neighbour had some workmen at his house the other day, when Was going out, one asked what the car was, " it's an RCZ" I replied. "What's it like with the top down" he said? :wtf:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
My neighbour had some workmen at his house the other day, when Was going out, one asked what the car was, " it's an RCZ" I replied. "What's it like with the top down" he said? :wtf:
Almost everyone I meet will ask me if the top folds down. Don't know why everyone assumes that. Maybe it just looks that way.

A

Anonymous

2retro said:
1. The active spoiler and the fact it can be silently deployed at the touch of a button whilst sat in traffic to psych out the person behind you. :crazy:

2. The look on peoples faces when you cruise by them which ranges from mouth open, wide-eyed amazement :eek: (school kids) to utter disgust :x (miserable pensioners).

3. Being slammed into the back of the seat when you boot it and the turbo kicks in. Whoooooosh! :D

If anyone wants to add more, feel free!
All of the above and I still Smile every time I drive it. In my humble opinion it is still one of the best looking cars on the road. New Moroccan Red Carbon arriving 1st March so the smile will be continuing for at least another 3 years. :D :dance:

2retro

Reaction score
felinegrowler said:
In my humble opinion it is still one of the best looking cars on the road.
Couldn't agree more - the RCZ is easily as sexy as an Audi R8 or Porsche 911. :D

TAC

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
My neighbour had some workmen at his house the other day, when Was going out, one asked what the car was, " it's an RCZ" I replied. "What's it like when it get's dirty " he said? :wtf:

:eusa-whistle: