What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ the negative side!

A

Anonymous

Everyone likes to post about how great the RCZ is but do you have any negative feedback about the car in general?
This is ours so far:
The leather seats seem ok at first but mark very easily! the drivers seat already has creasing showing after only 500 miles (God knows what they will look like after 3 years)
The drivers floor mat is showing rapid signs of wear (ok no big deal but at £26k should i expect more?)
Special edition black alloys are a proper nightmare to keep clean and mark very easily.
Don't want to sound like Victor Meldrew but the sales people will never tell you these things!

A

Anonymous

salster said:
Everyone likes to post about how great the RCZ is but do you have any negative feedback about the car in general?
This is ours so far:
The leather seats seem ok at first but mark very easily! the drivers seat already has creasing showing after only 500 miles (God knows what they will look like after 3 years)
The drivers floor mat is showing rapid signs of wear (ok no big deal but at £26k should i expect more?)
Special edition black alloys are a proper nightmare to keep clean and mark very easily.
Don't want to sound like Victor Meldrew but the sales people will never tell you these things!
I disagree with your findings.
Leather seats still looking good
Floor mats... no comment as I have customised ones.
Alloys remain easy to clean as I have cleaned and sealed them. Soapy water and back as new.

A

Anonymous

salster said:
I,m thinking about getting alloys lacquered
I have the standard 19" ones and they are lacquered as far as I am aware. A doddle to clean and keep clean. Planet Polish Wheel seal + shine sees to that :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

salster said:
Do you have the back ones?
No. The standard 19" alloys. So they may be different to your black ones but I don't see why they would be.

A

Anonymous

Because the black one's arn't lacquered they are like a satin finish.

RCZ1

Reaction score
When you say the alloys mark easily, is this when you are cleaning them or just by driving the car and what sort of marks are they?

A

Anonymous

I've done 23k in mine and the drivers seat leather is a bit saggy in the middle of the seat - not too bad, worse is the wear on the side bolster as you get in and out- worn through already- 10 months old.
Also worn through the drivers foot mat already.
I do think the alloys mark easily though.
Apart from that, no big issues.

A

Anonymous

I've done 16K in my RCZ. Leather still looks like new.
Car mats are immaculate - I have extra mats on the top
Just had the mirror upgrade done today.
And the brake light replaced under warranty.
Alloys - mmmm. I have trashed them myself. Partly due to
Setting the seat in different positions. Apart from that.
1 year on and I still adore my car. :clap:

A

Anonymous

Only problem I've had is getting it off my misses :lol: :lol: :lol: floor mats not issue yet and if u use a sealant on ur black solstice alloys there a diddle to clean mine are perfect, and as mrizzle says there the best looking alloys about on any motor what ever price range :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I have to agree about the seats. The driver seat is saggy (it has a permanent bum shape on out! Lol!) and it is very worn. I'm not impressed about how worn the seat looks to be honest.

My mats have worn through where I drive in heels.

It's only cosmetic but I think after only 22k the seat shouldn't look that bad.

A

Anonymous

Who's Faye said:
I have to agree about the seats. The driver seat is saggy (it has a permanent bum shape on out! Lol!) and it is very worn. I'm not impressed about how worn the seat looks to be honest.

My mats have worn through where I drive in heels.

It's only cosmetic but I think after only 22k the seat shouldn't look that bad.

Exactly!
I,m thinking long term!
Now i dont know about you but in 3 years time when the cars worth say 15K would you buy one with saggy seats?...........I wouldn't :(

A

Anonymous

In 3 years it'll be going back 2 Peugeot and they can do what ever they want with it :crazy: :wave:

A

Anonymous

Negative side...
1. Peugeot brand not that "nice"
2. Boring front nose
3. Dashboard and radio/aircond panels same as Peugeot 308, 408. Feel CHEAP as a top model share the same accessories / design with the normal range.

A

Anonymous

kkrcz said:
Negative side...
2. Boring front nose
3. Dashboard and radio/aircond panels same as Peugeot 308, 408. Feel CHEAP as a top model share the same accessories / design with the normal range.

Agree with this. I really do think Pug should have made a distinctive nose for the RCZ that was a move away from the generic look of the other models!

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
kkrcz said:
Negative side...
2. Boring front nose

Agree with this. I really do think Pug should have made a distinctive nose for the RCZ that was a move away from the generic look of the other models!

I agree with you there mrizzle. I said this from the start but you can't have everything I suppose :)

A

Anonymous

Got interested in Porsche recently (eye viewing only), and discovered that the new 911 (991 2012 model) is having similar inside panel / dashboard design as the Panamera and Cayenne. Porsche owners complained a lot on this...lost the so call uniqueness of 911.

I guess that is the common practise nowadays by manufacturer. Share the best / common design in all their models. Save on parts, design, maintenance.

A

Anonymous

Feeding the leather helps. My seat is sagging a bit after 29000 miles, the bolsters are fine. If you sit and swing in it not only helps the bolster but your knees and back. I saw a BMW in red leather which was much worst. I suppose it's a a problem with soft leather, the stuff in my Honda FRV is like plastic in comparison and has just gone shiney after 95000 miles.

I don't feel the interior is cheap looking even if it's been borrowed. What i realise it's a relatively cheap car in comparison to the TT.

The one thing I want is a RANDOM play button on the stereo that's all, is it too much to ask? Oh and if I select it in the menu it only randoms when I Fast forward to the next track when playing a playlist on my itouch.

Wow a big list then. :beer: