What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R. Revs

darrenleeder7

Reaction score
Hi all.
Any suggestions from RCZ R owners of potential issue coming or what needs doing/replacing?

It's happened a few times now but not always.
When driving normal I have no issues through the gears.

When driving hard through the gears and usually from 3rd gear into 4th and then 5th etc at 4000 revs it will simply shoot through to 6/7000 revs with no acceleration and I simply change into next gear and it's the same.
It's like having foot down on accelator with clutch down.
Is it Turbo connected? Or another issue?

Note, it doesn't happened all the time but thinking back I had it once or twice in the past and thought nothing of it.

Kerr

Reaction score
I don't have that.

Are you sure you're fully off the throttle before pressing the clutch?

Pedro

Reaction score
I don't have the R but it may be the Throttle position sensor playing up ? This can be spiked by the ECU picking up a incoming fault signal after acceleration & deacceleration through variable rev range & poor communication from the throttle body system

darrenleeder7

Reaction score
I don't have the R but it may be the Throttle position sensor playing up ? This can be spiked by the ECU picking up a incoming fault signal after acceleration & deacceleration through variable rev range & poor communication from the throttle body system
Many thanks.
I have a look at this.