What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R Petrol 95 vs. 100

A

Anonymous

what would you say about using 100 octane petrol in RCZ R? yay or nay? some people say it's useless to use 100 octane petrol even in sport cars...i always fuel my R with 100 octane petrol, also i don't think it's possible to caculate full 270hp on dyno with 95 petrol...

A

Anonymous

I would always use the highest available octane of fuel available!! It makes a noticeable difference!! Stay well clear of anything below 99 octane.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
To be honest i didn't notice any difference between 98e and Shell VPower Nitro+. But maybe going from 95e to Shell it would be noticeable...

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have been using super unleaded from just about any garage I could get it, but the last 2 tanks have been Shell V Power. I have noticed a slight difference, a little more responsive. It may well be that the V Power is better for the engine though, but that's something that only long term use would show.
I'm not 100% sure it's worth driving any distance just to get V Power, but I agree, I would never put lower Octane fuel in, always go for the highest available. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I use V Power Nitro+ but the shell garage is only two miles away and I definitely feel the car is perkier on it. On I think it was 5th gear they did try normal petrol versus the supers and Nitro+ was the only one that did report an increase on power on the rolling road test of about 5-10 bhp (Cant remember the exact figure) on the test car.

Cheers
Nick

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've been using She'll V Power for the last couple of years. It definitely gives a better response and also helps to keep the engine clean.

A

Anonymous

Always used Shell V-Power, so can't comment about the other options.