What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rcz new heating Matrix

Anonymous

Reaction score
Hi I have been told that the water in my footwell is caused my fault in heating Matrix. This means I need a new one. I’m aware that it is a big job. I just wondered if anyone else has had this done and how much it costs?

chrismac

Reaction score
Are you certain that the fault is with the Heater Matrix. There have been a few threads recently about water in the footwell.

If your Heater Matrix is leaking the liquid in the footwell will smell of anti-freeze, you will be topping up the cooling system frequently etc.

Have a look at the recent postings before you commit. I'm sure the heater matrix is expensive and labour costs will be even more.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Yes I’ve had it at 2 separate garages and it’s definitely the matrix. I’m loosing coolant fast

tm2204

Reaction score
You can buy a heater matrix on eBay for about £50 or £60. If you can drain & refill your coolant you can fit it yourself. It resides behind a plastic panel on the passenger side footwell. There are a few videos on YouTube showing how to do it... it's relatively easy 👍

Anonymous

Reaction score
Really not something I would attempt myself. I’d rather get a garage to do it. Just wonders if anyone has paid to have it done and how much it cost them

Flanners

Reaction score
I would not use it on my RCZ or any of the cars I cherish but I 'fixed' my heater matrix on an MG a few years ago (still working too) with Radweld+, despite all the stories on the internet it worked a treat and stopped it leaking into the footwell. Bring on the horror stories:)

chrismac

Reaction score
For anyone that does fancy it, This is the Peugeot way.

By the look of it - these instructions are for a LHD, so for us that drive on the proper side it might need some further investigation.

;)

Attachments

• HeaterMatrix.pdf
    461.6 KB · Views: 53

Gnrnr

Reaction score
Anyone know the correct part number for the heater matrix? I'm in Australia and having a number of difficulties in locating a new ,matrix, so want to be sure of the part number for it before I order one from overseas.