What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ display panel won't switch on

Stuarty76

Reaction score
Around 3 months ago the panel opened but stoppes actually displaying anything. Just black screen so no audo, no sensors plus mph changed to kph. Peugot say 1600 for new unit but before going down that road wondered if any of you folks had same experience, suggestions or of it's just bite the bullet time. It's the 14 GT model all standard factory installs?

indoldn

Reaction score
Around 3 months ago the panel opened but stoppes actually displaying anything. Just black screen so no audo, no sensors plus mph changed to kph. Peugot say 1600 for new unit but before going down that road wondered if any of you folks had same experience, suggestions or of it's just bite the bullet time. It's the 14 GT model all standard factory installs?
Do you mean the flip up Sat Nav unit or the digital panel on the dash? If the flip up Sat Nav it's likely to be a cable. CITROEN C3 C4 PICASSO C5 / PEUGEOT 407 RGB LVDS 1.5 metre CABLE RNEG RT4 RT5 RT6 | eBay The other option is to replace the cable with a Cat 5 cable if you OK doing a bit of soldering yourself. It's very tedious though. This is how to remove it if yours is an RT6

Last edited:

Stuarty76

Reaction score
Thats superb thank you. So i deffo mean the sat nav screen. I take it then i need to take the actions to remove the flip up screen as well as the stereo unit in order to replace with new cable. Apologies if sounds stupid to ask. As you can tell car stuff is not my forte

indoldn

Reaction score
No worries. Yes, unfortunately, you have to take both out. If you are on FB join the RCZ Owners Group and there are a number of posts on this.
The unit on the video above is an RT6 stereo which is what I've got.

Below FB links have an RT6 and NG4

It's crazy Peugeot asked for that kind of money considering it's clearly a cable issue.
The clip around the flip screen is very flimsy so be careful. I've not looked for a video on how to take out an NG4 unit but should be similar.

The cable seems to be more expensive now and you may need to take the metal shell off to fit but still much cheaper than getting Peugeot to replace it.

Good luck and any questions let me know.

Stuarty76

Reaction score
Your an absolute star i'll be sure to update. Thank you.

Yes was less than pleased. The Pug garage immediately recommended the whole new unit 1600 or 250 to investigate. I just couldt get past the fact you it was fine one day and not next so kept thinking fuse or cable like you say. Thanks again 👍