What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rcz 2L diesel

Jfk64

Reaction score
Hi folks
I’m new here so please forgive me if this topic has been covered in the past!!!!
I have just purchased a 2015 RCZ and am really enjoying driving it.
I went to dip the oil and had great difficulty removing the dip stick, she did release in the end and at that point I realised the plastic point where upper and lower levels are shown was missing!!!
My question is when I go and get a new dip stick will it insert correctly or will the pieces from old dip stick prevent it inserting properly?
Why do they break anyway.?.. I have had this on Partners in the past!
Thanks in advance

2retro

Reaction score
Plastic? My dipstick is all metal... 🤔

Jfk64

Reaction score
Mine should look like this , plastic pull ring to remove from engine and plastic end showing upper and lower levels.

2retro

Reaction score
Weird... No wonder it's snapped off! Maybe the HDI is different then because mines petrol and it looks like this:

dipstick.jpg

tm2204

Reaction score
Weird... No wonder it's snapped off! Maybe the HDI is different then because mines petrol and it looks like this:

View attachment 10071

Mine is the same as this. I think the petrol's have this metal tipped dipstick and, unfortunately, Peugeot in their 'wisdom' decided to use a plastic tipped dipstick in the HDi... which snaps off for many. God knows why they chose to do this :oops:

George123

Reaction score
Morning,
I have also just got my hands on an hdi and loving it. I have a metal dipstick in mine so I’m afraid I can’t help much on this.
what colour is your rcz? Mines a 2010 in white. I’ll be putting some pictures up soon but want to sort a couple of minor issues and clean it first!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the HDI’s have a plastic dipstick owners report no problems leaving the broken piece in the sump as it doesn’t cause any problems.

Jfk64

Reaction score
Yes the HDI’s have a plastic dipstick owners report no problems leaving the broken piece in the sump as it doesn’t cause any problems.
Thank you, that’s all I wanted to hear! Any idea how/why they snap?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine did was in a right panic as was going to Zeeland for the meeting with all the other RCZers over 100 cars there fantastic meeting and drive thanks to Dan.. But I managed to get a new one 24 hours before sailing and that's over a year now and I found out that it was a common problem as my son is a car mechanic and did work for peougeot for a while... Don't panic... Get a new one plenty on eBay...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co