What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ 2014 - Fan

RajArt

Reaction score
Hello,
I brought this great looking car for my 50th last year. Since then i had a number of issues, from the younger car and the diesel version.

My car had a coolant issue with the heat was not worker - my local garage repaired the coolant junction box and after £700 got sorted
Then 3 weeks later the problem started again - the fan started to continue been on after staying off, also i have lost power a little.

My problem now is what to do, keep the car or change ? Love my car and just want the car to be more reliable also that i can trust my car.

Has anyone got any ideas how i sort this out?

Thanks

frankvdb

Reaction score
So you have the HDi?
I haven't heard about this before for the diesel.
The THP engines have a common issue with the temperature sensor, which gives the same symptoms.
Not sure whether that was replaced as part of the work already done.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there I did go to view a red carbon RCZ Hdi and as soon as I turned the key the fan was running and the engine was cold and it was down to the sensor, so think it's in both thp and Hdi engines...
Hope this helps you out..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

tianorth

Reaction score
The fan will run if the aircon is on!!

The diesels give the least trouble, but any car even Lexus have problems!

There are a few who have reported coolant problems,
Is the coolant level correct?
Is there an air lock?

Can you let us know if the assumption of HDi is correct and what year your car is?

Has the water pump been replaced?
Which sensors have been replaced?

MasterDomino

Reaction score
Hello,
I brought this great looking car for my 50th last year. Since then i had a number of issues, from the younger car and the diesel version.

My car had a coolant issue with the heat was not worker - my local garage repaired the coolant junction box and after £700 got sorted
Then 3 weeks later the problem started again - the fan started to continue been on after staying off, also i have lost power a little.

My problem now is what to do, keep the car or change ? Love my car and just want the car to be more reliable also that i can trust my car.

Has anyone got any ideas how i sort this out?

Thanks
What i understand is after some trip you turn your car off but the fan stays on, if thats the case its as simple as water temp sensor replacement, happened the same on our 1.6 HDi berlingo, they often do that because temp sensor goes off and gives wrong values soo the ecu thinks engine is overheated and runs the fan to cool it down.
I have my 2.0 HDi since like half a year and already fixed quite stuff on it(last driver was a pillock) soo welcome to the club :)