What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ 2010 - LEFT WING MIRROR MECHANISIM

stellini

Reaction score
Hi all!

I need some help.... as per the below pic the mechanism inside the wing mirror got broken as someone has hit the mirror....
I have tried to fix it using glue to no success and the autodealer told me that I need to buy the complete mirror costing circa 500euro.
Since RCZ are a bit rare to find it is near to impossible to find the mirror second hand, hence I thought if any other Peugeot model with automatic folding mirrors has the same internal mechanism as the RCZ'S therefore it would be easier to find a second hand mirror of another peugeot model and swap the internal mechanism parts, making it a cheaper solution.

any suggestions of compactable models?
1.jpeg2.jpeg

Pedro

Reaction score
Second hand off the web is all I can suggest

stellini

Reaction score
Thanks a lot... cheapest I found is 400euro... approx same price as new

Pedro

Reaction score
Yea its a hell of a price but I suppose if its a case of easiest fix option

Danoctoman

Reaction score
Just a thought, as a possibly alternative if cost is responsible, it maybe worth consider Plastic welding, as if carried out correctly, can provide extreme strength.
Its used in repair of automotive parts, including plastic bumber bars, which are required to hold high strength after welding.
just need to chase a company and ask the question?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Are the Citroen ds3 mirrors compatible?

Woodso

Reaction score
We have a job at work for a replacement wing mirror for a BMW 520d M sport. Mirror Assembly £434.63, Cover £62.09, Glass £345.84, Labour £100.00 & Paint £25.00. The one's for an RCZ are cheap in comparison.

Pedro

Reaction score
DS3 mirrors are apparently identical in fitment & design you need the "Base Sleeve" these are available as a separate part you could try asking Fish Brothers who are on this forum?

Goatz

Reaction score
I bought from this seller recently and fitted it.
its a pain to fit but works perfect. It’s metal so i cant see myself ever needing to replace this again.

Pedro

Reaction score
its a pain to fit but works perfect. It’s metal so i cant see myself ever needing to replace this again.
Yes that's the part they disintegrate through wear & tear over time pity they couldn't make them a lot stronger I pumped white grease into mine a bit fiddly but if its helps to prolong its lifespan

Nodaysoff

Reaction score
Yes that's the part they disintegrate through wear & tear over time pity they couldn't make them a lot stronger I pumped white grease into mine a bit fiddly but if its helps to prolong its lifespan
How do I gain access to the part? Do you have pictures of the process? And would the base sleeve from a DS3 fit?

Nodaysoff

Reaction score
How do I gain access to the part? Do you have pictures of the process? And would the base sleeve from a DS3 fit?

Valex

Reaction score
My mirrors are working fine for now, but does anyone know if there is a way to block them open (a fuse for example)?
Just for the winter when in the morning the car is frozen and I'm praying that noting goes broken when I push the opening button on the remote control 🥶 .
it is not the first time that is raining during the night and after the water freeze and it is like impossible to remove the layer of ice from the windows.
I spray them every winter with silicone spay but blocking the opening/closing mechanism should be a better solution.

Pedro

Reaction score
we don't have heavy winters like we used to anymore so stopping them from working isn't really worth it plus some cretin is bound to damage them if you park up & their left open just put a plastic bag tied loosely around the mirrors that should keep the frost out?

Zoomy

Reaction score
I've seen this advertised, just the thing but the seller wants an additional £10 for the fitting instructions. Can anyone on here save me the extra dosh? Please?

Marmite

Reaction score
Hi all!

I need some help.... as per the below pic the mechanism inside the wing mirror got broken as someone has hit the mirror....
I have tried to fix it using glue to no success and the autodealer told me that I need to buy the complete mirror costing circa 500euro.
Since RCZ are a bit rare to find it is near to impossible to find the mirror second hand, hence I thought if any other Peugeot model with automatic folding mirrors has the same internal mechanism as the RCZ'S therefore it would be easier to find a second hand mirror of another peugeot model and swap the internal mechanism parts, making it a cheaper solution.

any suggestions of compactable models?
View attachment 10966View attachment 10965
Have you tried this iv just ordered some more it’s really good take a look!E61E4562-8679-43D1-81C3-5E32DC5B5997.png