What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

CANCELLED !!!!! RCZ 10 Year Celebration Day UK - 12 July 2020

x17one

Reaction score
To all attendees on the list and those thinking about attending the 10 year celebration next year.

We are trying to put together a small booklet to commemorate the 10th year celebrations. This booklet will show the cars that attended with their owners.
To make this happen we would like all who attend to supply us with the following.

1 small specification of your car. Including any mods you have done

2 A few high resolution pictures of your car including pictures showing the best bits about your car.

3 A picture of you standing next to your car

4 A brief narrative about your car and how long you have had sed car what you have planned for it in the future and anything else you think may be of interest.

We are at the planning stage so things may change but it would make a nice memento to mark the occasion if we can pull it off.

I am not aware of the costs as yet but would be looking to keep them to a minimum but would want something of good quality.

I will update you all when i have further details but in the mean time get taking some great pics including one of you with your car and get creative with your narrative.

Once i have the finer details sorted i will update further.

D

Deleted User

Please put me down to attend, including the meet up on Saturday.

Ian B

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
What a great idea Tony :clap: I for one would love a souvenir like that, :dance:

RCZ1

Reaction score
beaks said:

Ian B

That’s great news Ian. Will it be just you and can I have a name if you are bringing someone with you. Ta :)

RCW-almost perfect

Reaction score
I'm interested! I'm in Spain but from Yorkshire originally so it will be nice to have a visit back. I'll have to look at logistics, summer ferry prices an' all that, :shock: (I said i was from Yorkshire right? :lol: ) but really keen.
Rachel (and possibly Dave but he works freelance so could be anywhere).

Edit - just looked at ferries ...and I can't book this far in advance (doh!) so I will have to take a chance on logistics working out! She'll be reet! :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCW-almost perfect said:
I'm interested! I'm in Spain but from Yorkshire originally so it will be nice to have a visit back. I'll have to look at logistics, summer ferry prices an' all that, :shock: (I said i was from Yorkshire right? :lol: ) but really keen.

Edit - just looked at ferries ...and I can't book this far in advance (doh!) so I will have to take a chance on logistics working out! She'll be reet! :thumbup:

That’s fantastic [THUMBS UP SIGN] thanks for taking the time to come all that way. It will be great fun coming back to Yorkshire for you

What’s your name by the way ? :)

D

Deleted User

RCZ1 said:
beaks said:

Ian B

That’s great news Ian. Will it be just you and can I have a name if you are bringing someone with you. Ta :)

Currently it'll be just me :)

RCW-almost perfect

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
RCW-almost perfect said:

That’s fantastic [THUMBS UP SIGN] thanks for taking the time to come all that way. It will be great fun coming back to Yorkshire for you

What’s your name by the way ? :)

Hi, I'm Rachel!

RCZ1

Reaction score
TICKETS NOW ON SALE

RCZ 10 Year Celebration Day UK - 12 July 2020

^^^£30 per car** (based on 1 or 2 people per car - more than 2 people, please message me)
(Cost gives admission to the Event, Yorkshire Air Museum and the separate Elvington Airfield, for group parade laps)

Don’t delay - grab your tickets today. We want to make this the biggest gathering of RCZs ever in the UK. Help us make a bit of history

**The more cars we get ultimately the cheaper the cost to you. We are funding the airfield ourselves. The cost is based on 30 cars attending to cover these costs. The more cars that attend the cheaper the costs will be. The price WILL NOT increase. The final cost will be based on the total number of cars. Closing date for numbers and payments will be 2 weeks prior to the event. An adjustment on the cost will then be calculated and any reimbursements will be sent to all those who have bought tickets.

[UP-POINTING RED TRIANGLE]Tickets will be despatched nearer the time of the event.

[HEAVY CHECK MARK]️Payment is via PayPal. If you wish to pay by BACS then please request this information when you message me.

This link will take you to our Admin page. Click on the photo within the link for more information before clicking on “Shop Now” and “Message”
(it’s a public page)

Alternatively you can message me on here.

http://www.m.me/rczownersgroupAdmin

RCZ1

Reaction score
We now have our 40th RCZ signed up for the 10 Year Celebration Day UK 2020.

Anyone interested in attending please comment here. We aim to make this the biggest gathering of RCZs in the UK and it’s certainly heading in that direction.

Cost £30 per car (max 2 people per car)
Includes
Entrance to event
Full access to the Yorkshire Air Museum
Access to Elvington Airfield for Group parade laps

Payment can be sent to: https://paypal.me/pools/campaign/111741902148343955

Please mention names of people all people attending.

Thank you

RCZ1

Reaction score
!! RCZ 10 Year Celebration Day UK 2020 UK !!
#fastlaps

Anyone interested in doing fast laps on the airfield on the day ?

Now bear in mind this is still a working airfield so the actual airfield is 2 miles plus long. We only need to use a small proportion of it and that will still be ample to reach a top speed of 155mph !

(Remember this is an airfield so it’s mostly a long straight with corners at both ends).

There would be an additional charge for this and depending on numbers could be as much as £50 per car. The more people interested, the cheaper it will be but we won’t know the exact price until nearer the time.

There would be 1.5 hour slot for you to have fast laps (early afternoon provisionally).

*Towards the end of the day there will time for parade laps which will be strictly low speed limited and we will all do this together. So if you want to get the speed out of your system then fast lap time is the solution for you.

Strictly obey speed limits at all times on the airfield.

Comment here if you are interested in doing fast laps AND willing to pay up to a maximum of £50 extra.

[WARNING SIGN]️We would need a minimum of 8 cars for this
and already today if we have 7 cars interested.

****** we now also have 44 cars signed up for the day ****

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Don't forget people this is over a year away - plenty of time to slip a days leave in, and for what better than a celebration of all things that make the RCZ GLORIOUS.

This isn't just a meet, it's the ten year anniversary and there's a huge amount of work going on in the back office to make this happen.

So come on Forum, for all those who come here for help and advice, and for those who just like to have a bit of banter,
get some fuel in the Z and potter on up to Yorkshire.

Let's truely make this a day to remember and who knows maybe make a few friends in the process....

Come on you know you want too....... and so does your car !!!

Cheers M.... :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
!!!!!! Exactly one year from now we will be holding our RCZ 10 Year Celebration Day UK - 12 July 2020
Yorkshire Air Museum and Elvington Airfield, York

After just over a month of advertising this event we already have 50 RCZs down to attend, which is great but WE WANT MORE !!!!!

Our aim is to make this the largest gathering of RCZs in the UK ever !!!!

If you own a RCZ then you need to be there !!!! Help make a bit of history. We have a full day planned including fast laps around the airfield as well as parade laps, show and shine, full entry to the air museum plus lots more !

Many members are making a weekend of it therefore we also have a Meet and Greet on Saturday 11th July, late afternoon into the evening. A drive followed by drinks and a meal at The Lion, Blakey Ridge.

We already have members from Spain and Switzerland attending.

All the deteils can be found here including how to pay.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1835779 ... 49/?ti=icl

Come on don’t be shy !

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Kerry put me down for everything but not the face dunking - I always get volunteered for that.

Any one for a race?

Right !!!
So, you've heard it from Kerry -
she wants as many RCZ's there as possible to make a little bit of British RCZ History.

SO come on, tell anyone you know or see about this event, the doctor, hair dresser ( did I say that !! ) manager down the local Peugeot garage, the old lady round the corner and the young boy racer who's just picked up a right bargain and pulling all the birds with his Z ( or boyz - just to be politically erect I mean correct )
Yes , anyone you know who has a RCZ get em here, get em signed up and lets make this an event to remember!!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
So you want fast laps too, do you Mick?

Thanks for the backing. Yes get everyone you know / see with a RCZ to this event. We can do this !!!!!!!! :)

Now at 52 RCZs :) :) :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
ianGT156 said:
Put us down please!

Ian & Leanne - Meet & Greet

That list of accommodation would be appreciated too please. Ta muchly ;O)

Received your payment thank you Ian.

Below is a list of accommodation
Some of it is close to the Meet and Greet but within an hour of getting to Elvington on the Sunday. There’s also lots of accommodation in York for a range of prices.

Accommodation:

The Meet and Greet will be at The Lion, Blakey Ridge because they have the space for parking and are used to dealing with big parties for meals. They have rooms too. That’s about an hour away from the Air Museum. http://www.lionblakey.co.uk/

There’s also accommodation in various villages around there like Appleton Le Moor - https://www.moorsinn.co.uk

Helmsley - https://www.blackswan-helmsley.co.uk

https://www.feathershotelhelmsley.co.uk

Kirkbymoorside - Kings Head Hotel
http://www.thekingsheadkirkbymoorside.co.uk

Hutton Le Hole - The Crown are starting to do accommodation shortly and there’s The Barn B&B
http://www.thebarnguesthouse.com/tb_mob ... mobile.htm

Lots of hotels in York.

The Pavilion Hotel in Fulford - https://www.yorkpavilionhotel.com

The Holiday Inn express at Malton - https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/h ... GB-_-YORUK

There’s also the the Yorkway Motel on the A1079 - a short drive from the Air Museum
https://www.yorkway-motel.co.uk/