What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RATTLE

A

Anonymous

When I first start my car up in the morning, it sounds like a Diesel engine even though it's petrol. There seem to be a rattle like a heat shield if the rcz has one, the noise goes away after about a minute , anyone else got this problem?

drdino

Reaction score
Mileage? Most likely it's the chain tensioner issue.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, what year is your Z?
Does sound like the common timing chain/tensioner issue.
There is an updated timing kit available to solve the problem. Your looking at around £600 fitted from a reputable pug dealer.
Had mine done at 17k and been great ever since. :beer:

A

Anonymous

Year is 2011, 45000 miles on clock. The noise goes after about a minute...

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Defiantly the dreaded death rattle! :crazy:

Well worth getting sorted as leaving it could possibly damage the engine! On mine when the rattle stopped if you lift the bonnet and Rev the engine you could still hear the chain rattling although not noticeable with the bonnet down.
Not sure if you can just fit the re- designed tensioner to the existing set up? But if keeping the car I would get the whole new timing kit fitted. Just don't get ripped off! I've seen people getting quotes for 3X what it should cost. I paid £585 including oil change at Peter Ambrose Castleford, a top dealer!