What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rain X Rain Repellent £5 for 500ml on Amazon

ianGT156

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've read about Rain X here on the forum and decided to buy some.

I found this 500ml bottle on Amazon (prime) for just £5.00 incl delivery. It is however an "Add-on" item so you need a £20 spend of eligible products. It seems to be at least £7.99 everywhere else.

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Can anybody recommend any very good quality nice looking mats for the RCZ? I have grey leather.

Cheers,

Ian

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I have rainX on my rear window as it does like to collect water. It works quite well, but I find it wears off quickly.

The best mats I could recommend are the OEM Peugeot ones. I have found that they are the best for quality out of the ones I have had.

ianGT156

Reaction score
Initial experiences are bad. I can barely tell the difference. The rain beads but seems to cling to the glass until I get up to at least 60 and then it goes off in streaks.

I followed the instructions. Applied it to clean glass and wiped off with kitchen towel. Perhaps I did it wrong or something else is on the glass from the valet by the dealer?

I won't buy it again and regret this posting. Sorry!!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have found Rain X to be effective, but you do have to be doing over 30mph for it to work, and the heavier the rain the better the effect. It doesn’t really work in light rain. I use 2 coats on the screen and 1 coat on all the other glass, including the headlights.

braveheart

Reaction score
Two coats is a must on front and rear screens to be affective I should know I live in Glasgow :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Everyone wears two coats in Glasgow don’t they :lol: ;)

braveheart

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Everyone wears two coats in Glasgow don’t they :lol: ;)
Correct :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2retro

Reaction score
No, that's only the tourists. The locals wear T-Shirts... :?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
2retro said:
No, that's only the tourists. The locals wear T-Shirts... :?

Lots of T shirts.........

Attachments

• 48957F7B-E1A0-41C9-AF85-3BBBE4EA09FB.jpeg
    48957F7B-E1A0-41C9-AF85-3BBBE4EA09FB.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 6,571
A

Anonymous

Of course, only tourists usually wear these t-shirts! I really want to buy one! It's cool!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
ianGT156 said:
Hi all,

I've read about Rain X here on the forum and decided to buy some.

I found this 500ml bottle on Amazon (prime) for just £5.00 incl delivery. It is however an "Add-on" item so you need a £20 spend of eligible products. It seems to be at least £7.99 everywhere else.

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Can anybody recommend any very good quality nice looking mats for the RCZ? I have grey leather.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian try searching recent topic viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11133#p130662
Lew will make you some mats up to your colour preference they’re really good quality better than my Peugeot original mats and have the fitting lugs for a perfect fit well worth £30 delivered for front and rear mats!

ianGT156

Reaction score
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the advice on the mats. I bought a set from Lew in late October and I too highly recommend them :thumbup:

RiccartonRCZ

Reaction score
Ok chaps - I'm curious :?: :?: :?:
I agree that Rain-Ex isn't brilliant or particularly long lasting!!!
So ... what is the alternative???

Years and years ago we bought a Clio 2.0 which was a fantastic little pocket rocket!! On the way home wifey was following me in our Imprezza when the heavens opened on the M6. The road became flooded and she dropped back due to visibility. The Clio, on the other hand, had something on the screen which meant I never got as far as putting the wipers on and my vision was superb!!! The rain simply ran up the screen and disappeared over the roof!!!

It was one of those surreal moments that I keep reliving but I have absolutely no idea what the coating was and trying to copy it with Rain-Ex is a pale imitation!!!

Any ideas??

Also, while I'm waffling ..... What is the best ceramic coating for a lasting protective coating??

Many thanks one and all,
Steve.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have been quite impressed with Rain X over the years. You do get a better effect if you apply several coats, allowing each to dry first. There is also a product out which is a rainX screen cleaner and coating, but I haven’t found that to be as good.

As for paint protection, many on here including myself use Soft99 Fusso coat. The finish and protection it offers is quite impressive.

Attachments

• PNG image.png
    PNG image.png
    233.1 KB · Views: 1,878

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
I tried Fusso F7 for the 1st time yesterday.

Now that looks like a lovely pair of shiny Morrocans :lol:

Attachments

• Fusso F7.jpg
    Fusso F7.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 1,832

ChrisS

Reaction score
Gyeon view is great. About 20 quid but lasts a year (approx). Got it on mine, Highly recommended. Even helps make scraping ice easier...

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Right that's enough...... OkeyStokey and DKZ STOP shaking your maraca's at us it's embarrassing !!

So RiccartonRCZ you can see for yourself the results don't lie, what these guys aren't telling you is that Fusso99 also has fantastic beading qualities and they say one coat is good for a year. I'm not sure on that but I coat mine every now and again, and it just seems to get better and better everytime.

Fusso make a few products ( king of glosses / Soft99 / mirror shine etc ) just make sure to get the colour to match your paint it's either light or dark. It also makes cleaning bird poop and the like - easy to get off.

I even use it on my wrap, sorry guys if you're showing yours I'm showing mine ha ha !!

Happy Days !!