What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

R pop up display

A

Anonymous

Hi.when i leave the R locked in the garage for a few days then go to start her it says emergency mode and the pop up display does not open.
Unless i press manual open.
It opens and closes normal after that is that normal ? Cheers

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Economy mode? Battery needs charging or replacing.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
Economy mode? Battery needs charging or replacing.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

+1 RCZ’s hate batteries with a low charge. Loads of issues on here have been solved by replacing the battery. It’s certainly worth having it tested before going down the diagnostic route.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I don’t use my R every day any more due to a change in job so I’m able to walk to work. This means my R is stood for a full week or sometimes longer and I’ve never had the screen not open up automatically. It does sound like your battery needs checking and possible replacement.

A

Anonymous

Thanks not 3 year old yet.but dont think that will be covered.but screen not opening should be ??

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It all depends on whether the cause is the battery. If it is, and the battery is not covered (probably, almost definitely not) then when the battery is replaced it should cure the screen issue.

If the battery is not at fault, then yes, the screen not opening should be covered under warranty.

My Z is coming up to 5 years old, it still has the original battery. However, recently, there have been a couple of times when starting the car up, the screen hasn’t opened for maybe 30 seconds to a minute. Other times, the screen has opened, but the software seems to take an age to start up before any music plays.
Sometimes, the music plays almost instantly on start up.

Maybe mine is starting to get a bit worn.

A

Anonymous

Thankyou.is it just a case of swapping over if main dealer says battery no good ?
On my boxster it did not like a battery taken off.so i connected my ctek while doing it as the fag lighter is constant live on them.
I got porsche one from halfords as was best price for the quality i wanted.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Yes you are correct they do not like the battery taken off willy nilly, you have to do it a certain way to ensure no errors creeping in.

This is the procedure for resetting the BSI and disconnecting battery, check first with other members but I'm sure this is right.

Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
remove key open & close door test central locking system
Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.

This was nicked from an earlier posting.

tianorth

Reaction score
My RCZ-R is only just over 2 years old. I've just done a run to Scotland (400 miles), locked up the car over night, came to it this morning and opened the boot once.
Came back to it and went to start it economy mode came up.
This mode is to allow the engine to start by shutting down all unnecessary usage.

My RCZ-R has been doing this since its first winter but still starts the engine.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk