What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

pressure sensor

lekserok

Reaction score
hello

I have a problem with the tire pressure sensor. A few times I was reminded that I had a punctured front right wheel. I went to check the tire and everything was ok. I am wondering is there a problem with the pressure sensor in a rim. ?Probably the sensor is no longer working

Can I replace the sensor with a non-original sensor. How do i program this sensor with a car ?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
You don’t have to buy an original sensor there are plenty available but I’ve never tried any as I’m still on my 11 year old originals not bad to say life expectancy is 5 years! If you ha a MK1 then they need to be programmed with dealer software if you have a MK2 they don’t hope this helps

PocketteRockette

Reaction score
Hi Neil, I’ve had all 4 replaced in the last week (2 as precautionary measures) due to improper refitting after alloy refurbs. I’d had the car a week, so thankfully the dealer agreed to pay for all repairs (& it ended up being a big job, new tyre, broken locking nut drilled out, all replacement nuts...🙄). Anyhoo - long story short, the tyre garage replaced mine with Ford parts. They said they were interchangeable with Peugeot. All seems fine...so far! 🤞🏼

DAVE*RAVE

Reaction score
hello

I have a problem with the tire pressure sensor. A few times I was reminded that I had a punctured front right wheel. I went to check the tire and everything was ok. I am wondering is there a problem with the pressure sensor in a rim. ?Probably the sensor is no longer working

Can I replace the sensor with a non-original sensor. How do i program this sensor with a car ?
Hi lekserok - I had the same problem with the same wheel even though the tyre was at the correct pressure. I inflated the tyre to 5 p.s.i. over the recommended pressure and this removed the warnings on the dashboard. I then drove the car for a few miles before letting some air out back to the correct tyre pressure.
This solved the problem but it has happened two more times in the 4 years that I've had the car. I think the above procedure possibly resets the sensor.
Hope this helps.

lekserok

Reaction score
how can you check what type of tyre sensor I have in the wheels

mk1 or mk2