What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Possible interest in brake adapter-kits

MPC

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As mentioned in another topic, i have access to a 3d-scanner, a cnc-machine and some great metal 3d-printers, as well as knowledge on CAD (engineer by trade), therefore, i could spend some time and make adapters for the 302 to 340 and 340 to R brakes. Just wondering if anybody here has interest in such a product.
If so, i'll probably spend some time this summer designing and simulating the parts, and perhaps we could produce a first batch before then end of the year.

Please let me know if there would be interest in such a product, and perhaps how much you would like to pay for a set (left and right), as it gives me a better idea what the material budget is.

Max

Marmite

Reaction score
Would be good if you could make R rotors as there two piece and I guess you can just dismantle them an use the original bells ?
I was looking on line last night at rs4 discs also 380 mm and they were way cheaper than Peugeot but there’s more of them on the road

MPC

Reaction score
Making rotors is a whole different artform, as they are usualyy not CNC'd but cast. Maybe if some rotors end up close enough, i could make the correct holes for them to mount to the bells, but i'll just focus on the caliper adapters for now.
Any ideas are welcome though, im writing them all down to see if they are feasible!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi great idea I would be interested in a conversion from 302-340 are the callipers the same though?

DanZad

Reaction score
The calipers for the 302mm disk and 340mm disk are different. The caliper for the 302mm disk has its mounting holes (hole center to center) spaced 82mm apart. The other caliper is spaced further apart and has a larger piston surface area. The disks are different even in terms of bore (center) diameter; thus it would be problematic/dangerous to fit the larger disk instead of the 302mm disk, in its original hub (since it would not be centered and supported by the hub). Also consider that the cars have different brake master cylinders; thus if you'd swap the calipers from the smaller to the bigger, you'd be altering the master cylinder to brake surface area ratio (a.k.a pedal feel and behaviour). Also larger disk and piston surface area (and larger pads) would result in a change of the car's brake bias, which might also be problematic/dangerous during braking.

Pedro

Reaction score
I think someone posted about a conversion kit regarding the upgrading of calipers for bigger ones I think there was something mentioned about the strut brackets?

DanZad

Reaction score
I think someone posted about a conversion kit regarding the upgrading of calipers for bigger ones I think there was something mentioned about the strut brackets?
Through my research, (I really want to decrease brake fade... so opting for a different brake kit with same/very similar brake bias and master cylinder ratio), I have found out that for 302mm to Peugeot 340mm disk you need to change the following OEM parts: brake disk, brake calliper, wheel hub assembly (spindle), drive shafts, brake mater cylinder and servo (seems to have different bolting requirements). Can anyone confirm?

Pedro

Reaction score
Your talking a major refit & cost's? Brake fade can be decreased by using high end competition vented discs & pads

Last edited: