What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Poor Heaters..Great on cold..Poor on hot

Mikefranky

Reaction score
Hi Guys

As above Heaters are poor on hot got them turned up full to Hi.....but I find the air coming out is Luke warm?
Only picked the car up this week 13 plate thp 200 facelift model

Any suggestions?025E0EF1-089C-452F-A7F7-0FF3ADA1B74B.jpeg

Pedro

Reaction score
If the Engine is reaching max temp it may be the heater matrix is clogged so could be either a clean out or a new unit

tm2204

Reaction score
I had this problem when I bought my RCZ. The heater matrix is located behind a plastic panel in the front passenger footwell, not expensive to replace but will necessitate draining down the coolant unless your lightening quick swapping the hoses over... but TBH it probably just needs flushing through (and reverse flushing) with water using a garden hose. The heater matrix pipes come to/from the thermostat housing and are on the bulkhead behind the air filter housing at the back of the engine. An easy enough job and it sorted my luke warm air in the cabin problem 👍

Mikefrank

Reaction score
Cheers guys

Matrix coming in at roughly £50 so might just get a new one .....time to get my hands wet😳

Mikefrank

Reaction score
Did the new matrix solve the issue?
Forgot about this thread…It turned out to be Thermostat had a job getting the right one as there’s different variants I did a small right up on here on changing it as I found it a little sod to change…Heaters work great but I still find they take a little longer to get warm compared to my other cars maybe it’s a Rcz trait or maybe Matrix…

Pedro

Reaction score
They used to recommend flushing the matrix out when changing the coolant as Antifreeze can became weakened over time so might be a pointer to the air temp fluctuating