What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Pipercross on the RCZ-R

RCZ-R

Reaction score
hi there,

Finally I've installed the pipercross air filter on my R.
Installation process has already been described on the forum so let's leave that out.

Feedback?
Sure. Sound did not change a lot. You need to tune in to hear any difference compared to the stock filter. I mean, the R plays already a sufficient engine sound therefore it'd be surprising to get even more sound from a simple filter swap.

But... the engine seems to breathe-in easier than before. Before there was sometime a tiny sluggish pick up on hard acceleration which is gone now. And beyond 130mph the car now accelerates slightly faster.

There was a paper sticker (where did that come from?) and some leaves in the airbox. Cleaned it. I must have gained like 0.1bhp by now :lol: ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20150214_130500.jpg
    IMG_20150214_130500.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 4,446
  • IMG_20150214_130622.jpg
    IMG_20150214_130622.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 4,446

RCZ-R

Reaction score
guys, I'm confused: is that pipercross I run on my R (which I suppose is the same filter as on the 155 and 200 engines) an oil-free filter? Or do I have to oil that thing after cleaning it?
The manual tells me I need to clean and re-oil. Really? I thought those things are oil-free. Any help is appreciated, thanks :greetings-wavingblue:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
The oil helps capture the fine dust in the filter.

Eventually it needs to be cleaned and renewed - typically every 50,000 miles.

The advantage of this type of filter is that it maintains its air flow and filtration characteristics far longer than a stock paper type. Additionally, it can be cleaned, re-oiled and reused rather than being thrown away.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Thanks! Having driven only 20k on the filter I'm way too early with cleaning it :p

renegade79

Reaction score
i think i read somewhere that the K and N filter (similar filter) is good for a millions miles as long as it is cleaned and oiled at the required times. you never need another filter for the lifetime of the car..

RCZ-R

Reaction score
my only goal with this pipercross is to improve performance. and it does that, especially with the turbo picking up faster compared to the stock paper filter. and the car pulls stronger in higher revs. the second goal is kind of environmental. and then I consider making some savings with it.

jr4070

Reaction score
Just put one in my 156..It to feels to have aided and improved response in the turbo range.