What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Pink dust on coils and engine Rcz-r

rcz_r1

Reaction score
Do you guys know if this dust is normal??

As far as I know the r version has some particular changes on the engine. This is a small text taken from a spanish website were they tested the car, sorry if the translation is not good enough:
New pistons, which allow a compression ratio of 9.2: 1 developed with Mahle Motorsport adopt a structure and a forged aluminum coating used in Formula 1, and have a new integrated cooling system. The connecting rods, meanwhile, also change to withstand constant use at high engine speed. Its bearings with a polymer coating allow them to resist higher cylinder pressures.

Can some of these things be the origin of the dust? Sorry but my mechanic knowledge is very basic as you can see.

Is this a common thing in all the R's? If any of the r owners of the forum can check their engine will be much appreciated.
Thanks for your help!

RCZ1

Reaction score
It's mineral wool. It's used to isolate the turbo form the rest of the engine. It's common on all R's. Just wipe it down when cleaning the engine bay.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Yes, pretty normal on the R. Eventually it will stop after many thousands of miles. Nothing to worry.

Marmite

Reaction score
It's mineral wool. It's used to isolate the turbo form the rest of the engine. It's common on all R's. Just wipe it down when cleaning the engine bay.
Glad I found your post iv been thinking the worst for weeks even had the turbo off for inspection lol how silly do I feel now !