What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot RCZ R - Top Speed video - 157MPH

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Came across a video showing the RCZ R hitting an electronically limited top speed of 157MPH. Amazing when you consider that this is only a 1.6 litre engine. I'd be really interested to see what it could get it up if the limiter was removed.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8U4i_GGH3Y[/youtube]

frankvdb

Reaction score
It actually also looks as if the speed is limited by the ratio of the sixth gear.
I think it will have been close to the rev limiter at top speed.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Not entirely. There are some revs left when the car touches the speed limiter at 157MPH. In comparison, when you rev the car in 5th gear to rev limiter, there is about 300-400 revs more to go compared to the revs in 6th gear when the car hits the speed limiter. I've calculated a top speed of about 165MPH with the speed limiter removed in 6th gear. And the car has enough power combined with low drag to hit that speed.
It storms easily towards 150MPH where you then sense like power is being limited and the car runs very smoothly into the speed limiter at 157. Even going down hill it doesn't help to mitigate this slowing down between 150 and 157.

As soon as I find a company removing the limiter I'd be glad to let you know (supported by a movie clip).

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The most amazing thing about this video is that there was no engine management light coming on, and it went all the way to top speed with dropping into limp mode. :shock:

I think I have been reading too many fault threads tonight, I'm frightened to get in mine tomorrow now..... Time for bed :sleeping-yellow:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
The most amazing thing about this video is that there was no engine management light coming on, and it went all the way to top speed with dropping into limp mode. :shock:

I think I have been reading too many fault threads tonight, I'm frightened to get in mine tomorrow now..... Time for bed :sleeping-yellow:

Yep.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:

Your previous car must have been a Volkswagen or Audi :lol: