What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot RCZ Hdi Car False Alarm

A

Anonymous

I noticed that the car alarm goes off randomly ( happened 3 times in a span of 2 months). I noticed these during the middle of the night so not sure if I missed any other during my deep sleep :)

When this happens the alarm goes off for a minute and then stops automatically. I'm sure there is no one trying to break into the car as I immediately checked from the window and everything is as normal. Anything I should be alarmed of?

tianorth

Reaction score
I think the law state that a car alarm can only go off for a short while ie less than 1 minute. House alarm can go off for a maximum of 20 minutes.
I take it the windows are closed fully as any air movement can set the ultrasonics off.
Sounds daft but there is not a spider dropping down in front of the ultrasonics?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I was just going to suggest turning the ultrasonics off and see if the alarm goes off. If not then theres a problem around them being triggered. If it still goes off then its something else.

If you dont know how to turn them off, you push the middle button to the left of the hazard switch until the red light is on permanently.

You can also tell if the alarm has gone off by the how quickly the light flashes. But I cant remember exactly as they also flash when the alarm is active.

A

Anonymous

Same problem here...
I'll try tomorrow to turn off this ultrasonics .
4th night in a row
:S

apple3337

Reaction score
Old thread dig. My alarm went off a few times recently. It might have been a small moth I found in the car. Hasn't gone off since. Fingers crossed.