What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot owner looking for help!

tomban

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I’ve actually had my RCZ R since 2015 from brand new. Love the car, it’s a blast to drive. Didn’t realise this forum even existed until I went looking for help with an upholstery issue.

Have posted under that title as well, but wondering in the seat is stuck to the inner foam, as an upholsterer has said he can fix the stitching if it’s not attached to the inner foam which apparently is quite common in some Peugeot cars. To fix its around $275 AU if not fixable it’s around 6k for a new covering …obviously I’d like the former option, but guy said he won’t know till he opens it up being such a rare car ( especially in Aus) he has not worked on one before
Pictures are of my baby and the issue

look forward to checking in and learning heaps.

Attachments

• 21EADA86-7D34-4C3F-87A7-8F68353990AE.jpeg
    21EADA86-7D34-4C3F-87A7-8F68353990AE.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 5C8F3C76-DA52-44E6-80E9-40936D386989.jpeg
    5C8F3C76-DA52-44E6-80E9-40936D386989.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 34644514-BC88-40F2-9B37-DB9720CA7962.jpeg
    34644514-BC88-40F2-9B37-DB9720CA7962.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 26

apple3337

Reaction score
From Perth I see. So you are selling yours? Nice car, well priced too. Shouldn't take long to sell at that price.

tomban

Reaction score
Ye
From Perth I see. So you are selling yours? Nice car, well priced too. Shouldn't take long to sell at that price.
Yes…from WA and selling due to family …very reluctant sale.
Listed on Monday night have already had a dozen inquiries, three coming to look on the weekend. Rims need some attention but paint work as close to perfect as you will get. Going to change the photo of the leather seat as it was taken in the sunlight and the shadows make it look worse than what it is..it’s just slightly wrinkled.
Only thing I was worried about is that stitching, knowing it’s important for the airbags. Saw the upholster today and held my breath hoping the foam wasn’t attached to the leather …you guys alleviated my fears. Been a beautiful car for close to 7 years, lots of great memories. But teenage sons no longer fit in the back seat, and they need a taxi 😞

the biggest thing is trying to explain to people that it’s not just a RCZ but an R which is more valuable, both in terms of original price and production numbers …which in terms will probably see it as a collectors piece in a few years

apple3337

Reaction score
That's sad you need to sell. I love mine. Only had it 12 months. Stick to your price. It's cheap!! Those rims should be able to be cleaned up with a good wheel repair place with a lathe. Totally a collectable car already, but more so in the future.

tomban

Reaction score
Very sad, we have had two offers of 25k, but even though I need to sell I’m not going to give it away.
we debated selling the family 4WD ( almost new) and buying a crappy second hand one to get around and keeping the RCZ, but it’s just not practical. The things we do for our kids hey😔. We had a lotus Esprit ( old James Bond model) when we got married, that went as soon as the first baby arrived just because of the cost of upkeep ….maybe another ten years I’ll get to keep a car that I love, but for now it will be a boring 4WD 😔

apple3337

Reaction score
Keep it so you can teach the kids to drive a manual!!!
And a 25 K offer is a joke.
A very low klm one sold for over 50K not long ago. And another one sold for 40K something. 25? Pfffftt. If they bought it for that they'd try and flip it for a profit.

tomban

Reaction score
Yes a dying art 🤣…thanks for the info re price…no wonder there has been such interest. I even have full log books with all the servicing records 😳

tomban

Reaction score
Put the price up!! :)
If you were on the east coast it would be sold by now.
I wont put it up but I’ll stick to my guns….at least until I get desperate. Had a couple of inquiries from NSW already, no issue for me to get it the transport depot, but it’s not happening for less than asking price.

tomban

Reaction score
I
We all feel your pain 😩😩😩
Can’t believe I had the car 6.5 years and never knew about this forum…only found it when trying solve the seat issue.
And now I don’t have it anymore.
I am happy that I got what I wanted, and I’m happy that the guy that bought it is an older gentlemen looking to keep it himself, at least it will be loved 🙂