What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot 308 TCR for the road

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Smart looking car that looks the part, shame it’s not as beautiful as the RCZ. :eusa-think:

renegade79

Reaction score
Just trying to highlight the tuning capabilities of the THP270 engine when in the hands of someone who really doesn’t care about warranty issues :eusa-whistle:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
Just trying to highlight the tuning capabilities of the THP270 engine when in the hands of someone who really doesn’t care about warranty issues :eusa-whistle:

This of course has been done renegade79 with the RCZ R and the prince 270 engine in the shape of the Bimota RCZ which was also boosted to 300+ BHP. The difference there is that it's still a RCZ at the end of the day, where as this is a 308 GTi.

In both cases neither vehicle can be bought or are going to be produced.

Sure the engine can be pushed over 300 BHP but as when I enquired about taking mine to 300+ I was told of engine breakdown at 320+ and this is why Bimota reigned the BHP back a bit and stuck with a more reliable 300.

I am sure as has been said on this forum already, that it wouldn't take to much to gain the added BHP to push it to 300, but at what cost and to how this will affect reliability, who knows.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You only need to look at F1 cars. They have the best materials available, they have the best mechanics available, they strip the engines down and rebuild them every week, testing every available part, and yet, every week, we see cars suffering mechanical breakdowns either in FP, Quali, or the race itself.

When you push anything mechanical to it’s extreme limits, it makes sense that it will be prone to failure more often than if it’s run within its safe tolerances.

I can see the attraction to get everything out if the RCZ that it is possible, but you have to be prepared for the inevitable if you do. :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
You only need to look at F1 cars. They have the best materials available, they have the best mechanics available, they strip the engines down and rebuild them every week, testing every available part, and yet, every week, we see cars suffering mechanical breakdowns either in FP, Quali, or the race itself.

When you push anything mechanical to it’s extreme limits, it makes sense that it will be prone to failure more often than if it’s run within its safe tolerances.

I can see the attraction to get everything out if the RCZ that it is possible, but you have to be prepared for the inevitable if you do. :eusa-think:

That is so true DKZ5745,

I think we have to step back a little and it's the old saying " be thankful for what you have " , we already have a beautiful car ( that's all of us, the shape doesn't change hugely throughout the whole range ) and Yes the Prince THP engine does have faults, but no less than many other marques engines, which as we already know are shared by the different manufacturers anyway. But back to point, the little engine that we have in our cars has been tweaked and refined from 156 BHP right through to the 266 BHP of the R, which as we all know, is the highest output from any 1.6 litre production car in the world. So, we are already more than blessed in many ways. :clap: