What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot 308/RCZ new front bearings & stub axle ABS sensor

Dedra1

Reaction score
Update on new RCZ front bearings. New stub axle/hub carrier/bearing carrier is SAME AS PEUGEOT 308.
Cost for BRAND NEW stub axle £35 from Ebay. Cost from Arnold Clark £391.00 (inc bearing(Meh) & VAT)
Cost of replacing both front bearings from local independent garage (Kilmarnock area) £387.00.....how does that sound
to you guys...….plus new £35 stub axle.
So make sure you save up plenty of pennies for this job!!! :eek:
New right rear Abs sensor fitted however still have fault showing from this sensor (Peugeot part bought from dealer)
"permanent fault. positive or negative to short"
ABS ring cleaned & looked ok so does anyone have any ideas why still faulty?
Any info appreciated
Ta :cool:

Pedro

Reaction score
Update on new RCZ front bearings. New stub axle/hub carrier/bearing carrier is SAME AS PEUGEOT 308.
Cost for BRAND NEW stub axle £35 from Ebay. Cost from Arnold Clark £391.00 (inc bearing(Meh) & VAT)
Cost of replacing both front bearings from local independent garage (Kilmarnock area) £387.00.....how does that sound
to you guys...….plus new £35 stub axle.
So make sure you save up plenty of pennies for this job!!! :eek:
New right rear Abs sensor fitted however still have fault showing from this sensor (Peugeot part bought from dealer)
"permanent fault. positive or negative to short"
ABS ring cleaned & looked ok so does anyone have any ideas why still faulty?
Any info appreciated
Ta :cool:
Brilliant about the parts shame about the sensor fault I don't think I have come across a wiring issue with these I have fixed someones car that had a fault it just needed the sensor cleaned up & all the crap around the ring cleaning off but if its showing pos & negative shorting out then it may be a break in the line somewhere

Dedra1

Reaction score
Just had wheel off (again...) & checked plug wiring was correct...looked ok
So I had a look further along the cable underneath back of car & saw the dreaded black diy insulating tape hanging down just above the rear axle
hard to see & get at. Looks like our friendly neighbourhood T**T has been at it.🤓
Might be easier for me to get at it from back left wheel arch, so that is next on the plan
Looks there is break in cable...hopefully near the black tape (please!!!)
Also, since new front bearing fitted we now have a faulty ABS sensor on front right. "coherence fault"
I suspect it just needs cleaned (although it was not faulty when car went in...I scanned it just before)
Mechanic did not clean front left sensor when he was about to put that in....luckily I was there & quickly cleaned
sensor (which was covered in a kind of thick sludge) before it went back.
I was not there when front right sensor was replaced......
And they are pig to get out as well....
Ho hum
On the bright side RZ is lovely & smooth & quiet....very good to drive even with the dash lit up like a Xmas tree on acid :D
All the best

( cost breakdown of both front bearings replaced....£67 for both front bearings & £320 labour)
😭