What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot 307cc beep every 10 seconds

PrimalWolf

Reaction score
Hi

I just bought a second hand 2007 307cc and the people who owned it prior removed the radio and installed an aftermarket touchscreen.
There is a beeping noise every 10 seconds while the ignition is on, doesn't matter I'd parked or driving which I assume is due to not finding the radios VIN.
I just spoke to an auto spark and they said they don't think you can register a touch screen and I'll just have to deal with that bleeping noise.
Is this true or do I have any other options?

(I saw on YouTube someone using a diagbox to set the VIN on their touchscreen, but I assumed an auto spark would say if this was possible or not?)

(Another person suggested the current unit might not have a canbus decoder and that could cause the beeping?)

Thanks.

lfe

Reaction score
I'm sure that device is not VIN registered,
I highly doubt it would have access to the car's ECU to read the VIN since it is not a manufacturer device.

Look in the screen configuration options or maybe you have an app installed that produces the beep.

Or maybe the screen beeps for not having internet access

PrimalWolf

Reaction score
I'm sure that device is not VIN registered,
I highly doubt it would have access to the car's ECU to read the VIN since it is not a manufacturer device.

Look in the screen configuration options or maybe you have an app installed that produces the beep.

Or maybe the screen beeps for not having internet access
I've checked all of the settings and there is nothing related, I have also factory reset the device and checked all the apps again, nothing related. The been also continues to happen even while I have the power to the device turned off.

I'm wondering if I replace the unit with this, would it allow me to solve the issue?

Or if I bought a used original head unit to set the clock etc, then replaced the unit with the touchscreen without disconnecting the battery, would that solve the issue?

lfe

Reaction score
If when removing the power the beep continues, it seems that it does not come from the screen.

You would have to consult a garage specialized in car stereo

Pedro

Reaction score
Do a BSI reset it could be the software controlling the Auxiliaries like radio etc
Usually the beep is followed by a warning issue o the dash?

PrimalWolf

Reaction score
Do a BSI reset it could be the software controlling the Auxiliaries like radio etc
Usually the beep is followed by a warning issue o the dash?
I did try doing a BSI reset and there are no faults at all on the dash.
I'm going to take it in on Tuesday and ask them to run it through their computers, but the previous owner says their son drove with that beep for over a year and they had proof of servicing etc, so I'm not too confident it's going to show anything.
The beep always happens as soon as I turn the key, regardless of engine running or not and then roughly every 10 seconds a single high pitched beep.
There is a switch in the car thar turns off the power to the touch screen and even while it's off, the beep still happens. So genuinely perplexed by this.