What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Pedestrian crash sensor

Buckby

Reaction score
Hello Thanks for having me on the forum does anyone know what the resistance of the pedestrian crash sensor is I have an RCZ with the pre tensioner airbag fault when I have looked there are no pedestrian crash sensors plugged in the car originally came with no bumper as it was salvage
Any help much appreciated
Kev

tm2204

Reaction score
Hello Thanks for having me on the forum does anyone know what the resistance of the pedestrian crash sensor is I have an RCZ with the pre tensioner airbag fault when I have looked there are no pedestrian crash sensors plugged in the car originally came with no bumper as it was salvage
Any help much appreciated
Kev
Hi, did you get anywhere with this?

Pedro

Reaction score
That's unfortunately your problem the airbag light is triggered because the ECU BSI are getting messages relating to an impact on the front bumper

Buckby

Reaction score
Hi, did you get anywhere with this?
Hello
I fitted two sensors and the pipe and I still have a fault but on the code reader it comes up as a wiring fault I didn’t check the resistance on the sensors

Buckby

Reaction score
That's unfortunately your problem the airbag light is triggered because the ECU BSI are getting messages relating to an impact on the front bumper
Hello Pedro
It has a code of P065A crash information connection fault so it could be anywhere

Pedro

Reaction score
Yes that's a nasty one had it on someone's 208 if I remember rightly think we changed the Alternator but it had wiring issues all over the place

Attachments

• P065A Wiring fault.PNG
    P065A Wiring fault.PNG
    131 KB · Views: 6

Buckby

Reaction score
I thought it was possibly alternator but it’s in the airbag ecu I think

Attachments

• IMG_1709.jpeg
    IMG_1709.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 5

Pedro

Reaction score
Yes possible but assuming the wiring for the crash sensors is OK you surely need those plugged into the system to eradicate the fault being triggered ?

Buckby

Reaction score
Yes possible but assuming the wiring for the crash sensors is OK you surely need those plugged into the system to eradicate the fault being triggered ?
Hello Pedro
The car was in a crash when it was a year or so old it had the seat airbag refurbed and the pre tensioner but the fault has always been there I will start to go trough all the wiring sensor by sensor and update the thread if I find anything you know what it’s like trying to get the time to sort it

Pedro

Reaction score
Yes I know not enough hours in the day god luck with the search but from past experience faults like these are a pain in the butt