What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Pcv valve

Scott1973

Reaction score
Hi all thank god its Friday. Just wondering if anyone can help. How do I go on about checking to see I my pcv valve is faulty. I've spoken to someone at a Peugeot dealership what a waste of time that was and they said that you can buy a replacement kit, but then other people have said you can't buy a kit the pcv valve is incorporated into the rocker cover and you have to change the whole thing. Easier said than done if I could find somewhere who sells the rocker cover for my engine. I have a 2010 200bhp. How can I check the valve to see if its passing oil. Also is it worth buying a catch can for my car.

Rczwales77

Reaction score
Hi mate the pcv valve is in the rocker cover, you'll have to replace whole cover, also heard you can take cover off to clean the valve, and re fit the same cover, hope this helps👍

Scott1973

Reaction score
Hi mate the rocker cover on my engine is the same as the one on a mini cooper s. Got a new pcv valve and cover today and swapped them straight over with no problems at all so didn't need to replace the whole unit which was good. Cheers for the advise though

Agis

Reaction score
As mentioned before, the PCV valve is embedded in the rocker cover. If the top part of the rocker is wet it is a sign of a ruptured PCV valve; The oil gets through the PCV breather hose out on the cover. However, such oil leaks can also be caused by a failed o-ring on the PCV breather hose, so it may be worth checking that first.

What makes you think you have a faulty PCV valve?

Replacing the rocker cover is fairly easy if you have the time and some basic tools. I've done it myself on the driveway, took me 3 hours and the parts cost me £230.

NF7

Reaction score
So how it is now? Do you need to replace the whole rocker cover or can you replace just a PCV valve? Some conflicting information here.

Scott1973

Reaction score
All.fine now no smoke at all. It all depends on which engine u have. Mines is the 200 bhp one and up on the top left is a cover that comes off with a little persuading.if you go on ebay and look for pcv valve for mini cooper s it comes straight up if not try amazon. I got mine from ebay for just under 12 quid. Have a look on YouTube as well just type in pcv valve replacement foe mini and it's the same. Hope this helps

NF7

Reaction score
All.fine now no smoke at all. It all depends on which engine u have. Mines is the 200 bhp one and up on the top left is a cover that comes off with a little persuading.if you go on ebay and look for pcv valve for mini cooper s it comes straight up if not try amazon. I got mine from ebay for just under 12 quid. Have a look on YouTube as well just type in pcv valve replacement foe mini and it's the same. Hope this helps
Mine is 200 as well. Can you post a link?

NF7

Reaction score

Scott1973

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get back to u busy at work. Yep thats the one the one I got from ebay had a new spring with it as well. Its easy to install takes about five minutes

Reactions: NF7

NF7

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get back to u busy at work. Yep thats the one the one I got from ebay had a new spring with it as well. Its easy to install takes about five minutes
Thank you for the feedback. Additional question, with what did you clean the PCV valve compartment on the engine? Alcohol?

Valex

Reaction score
There is some confusion here.
That I know, there are at least 3 different rocker covers:
This is the one I have
2.jpg

But looks like also these are sold as compatible for the Mini:
1.jpg 3.jpg

Only on the second two, it is possible to replace the PCV.

Maybe it is possible also on the original one (the first picture), but this mean rip off the top cover and glued it back after the PCV is replaced.

Scott1973

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. Additional question, with what did you clean the PCV valve compartment on the engine? Alcohol?
Hi mate I just used grime wipes which are alcohol based. It cleaned up lovely

NF7

Reaction score
There is some confusion here.
That I know, there are at least 3 different rocker covers:
This is the one I have
View attachment 12026

But looks like also these are sold as compatible for the Mini:
View attachment 12027 View attachment 12028

Only on the second two, it is possible to replace the PCV.

Maybe it is possible also on the original one (the first picture), but this mean rip off the top cover and glued it back after the PCV is replaced.
Mine is the second picture.

Scott1973

Reaction score
If yours is the second picture as is mine the way to get it off is when looking at it get a screw driver underneath the top left to unclipped it. Then get your screwdriver underneath the little cut out on the front and it should come straight off

NF7

Reaction score
If yours is the second picture as is mine the way to get it off is when looking at it get a screw driver underneath the top left to unclipped it. Then get your screwdriver underneath the little cut out on the front and it should come straight off
Did you remove the hose, or you went under it?

NF7

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the delivery. It will be delivered on Wednesday. I'll be fitting it on Saturday/Sunday.
Did the change. Took 15min. Mine was ruptured a bit, photo attached. No perceptible difference in engine performance right now.

Attachments

• BB1FA3DF-D7C5-44CE-BEA5-70D09B05E6BC.jpeg
    BB1FA3DF-D7C5-44CE-BEA5-70D09B05E6BC.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 27
Last edited: